cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial payment column is not displaying partially paid amount

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru.

We have done partial payment against invoice, in F-28 I can see partial payment column but amounts are not displaying in that column. for your your reference I am attaching screen shot. I searched in google but I didn't get any solution.

Regards,

Shrikant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

I think it is standard behavior of the system, I tested the same scenario, But after giving the partial amount in F-28, The partial payment column was not updating but it is showing properly in FBL5N and table level as usual.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

One more interesting thing, I checked in 2 different user id - In 1st user id I can see partial payment amount displaying, but for same transaction in another user id partial payment amount is not displaying.

Regards,

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then check the authorization object level or in f-28, right hand side corner (Configuration), Please  compare the available fields.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked thoroughly all configuration is same, but still its not working.

How to check authorization object level( if it is other than SU53)?

coleti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shrikant,

Checking our case, the partial paid amount is working fine:

According to the field help, the function is only active if the Consider Invoice Reference indicator is set in the processing options for accounting FB00.

Test the following, go to t.code FB00 and mark "Include invoice reference" then perform the partial payment again.

I hope this will help you.

Best regards,

Gabriel Coleti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Gabriel, I totally agreed to your point I made sure I am done with this configuration. If you dont check invoice refrence then you wont be able to see partial payment column.

one user is getting partial payment amount and another is not getting.

Regards,

Shrikant

coleti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shree,

Please, make sure that FB00 invoice reference is marked for both users since this is user specific setup. If the user performed the partial payment without this flag, the clearing document is not created with the same reference and the other user (which has invoice reference marked) will not see partial payment amount in this column.

Best regards,

Gabriel Coleti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gabriel. will check and let you know..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gabriel,

SAP is giving option to us whether to choose or not to choose include invoice reference. Can you please tell us any scenario we can uncheck this box.

Regards,

Shrikant

coleti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, SAP give us the option to create the clearing document with or without the invoice reference, sometimes, you pay the vendor partially but with no reference, like a down payment, but in the a further partial payment, if you check that an invoice can be fully cleared, you can use both partial payments for that.

The point is that partial payment remains opened as well the invoice that you choose for that, so the unique connection between them are the Invoice Reference if this flag is marked. Also, SAP give us the option of residual payment where the Invoice is cleared fully generating a open item with the difference, so the link between the residual payment and the invoice is the clearing item document.

I hope this clarify you question,

Best regards,

Gabriel Coleti

Answers (0)