Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Papper less Preventive Maintenance

former_member954026
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am having a requirement to do paperless preventive maintenance. Requirement is as follows,

There is a regulation that each and every workcenter on the shop floor has to be checked regularly. There is a official questionnaire that contains more than 20 questions. The answer is either  fulfilled (Ok), not fulfilled (Not Ok), partly fulfilled (something in between).

At the moment we schedule the check inside SAP – by the use of planned maintenance. But then they print the questionnaires in paper and fill them manually and come back. If something is Not Ok then someone from the maintenance department creates a PM-malfunction.

Is there a possibility to use this workcenter check paperless in standard SAP ?

For Example, create a task list for the questionnaire,  then there is a checklist within SAP, they enter the reply/result of each question and if not ok then create PM-notification.

Your suggestions/inputs are appreciated.

Best Regards,

Babu Radhakrishnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yet another option.

You can link characteristics to catalogs groups/codes. The you link the characteristic(s) to the class.

Then you can classify notification items.

PeteA

former_member954026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pete

Can you explain it in detail.

Thanks & Regards,

Babu R

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Babu R

1. Ensure the Selected Set flag is set in the IMG for Catalog Type 1
  2. Create your Catalog Group/Codes via QS41 as normal
  3. Create a Selected Set via QS51 and assign
  4. Create a characteristic via CT04 and on the Values tab select the Other Value Check button and then select Catalog Char from the popup. Now enter the Selected Set created above
  5. Create Class as required via CL02
  6. Assign to object (e.g. notification item) as required

PeteA

former_member954026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pete

Thanks for your reply.

Till step 4 I am clear. I have created a class with class type 007 - Code Groups. Is it ok ?

Then I assigned "Characteristic Attributes" in Activities for Notification type "M1" in  "Overview of Notification Type"

Then, I have added "1 - Characteristic attributes" in Catalog Profile

Then, I created a Maintenance plan with Notification as Call Object.

In the notification, if I goto the Activity Tab, I am able to add the check points manually by selecting Multiple Selection Activities Icon.

Is there any way to populate the check points automatically while notification is created from maintenance plan ?

Please correct me if I am not in the right direction.

Thanks & Regards,

Babu R

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is all from memory, and an old document I have.

Create a class type 015 for a notification item.

The assign class to your Catalog Profile in TCode ONQ6 (catalog profiles)

Ensure you link the profile to the technical object (equip/floc).

Use the technical object in a plan to create a notification. The notification item should then have the class assigned - but you can try this manually first.

PeteA

former_member954026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

I have tested as per your flow. Can you tell me how to check whether class is assigned to notification item ?

In the notification, if I goto the Activity Tab, I am able to add the check points manually by selecting Multiple Selection Activities Icon. Check box is also displaying against each point as per the selected set.  I did not find any difference after assigning the class to catalog profile in OQN6. What should be the result after doing this setting?

I am attaching the scree shot for your reference

Regards,

Babu R

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Babu R,

Look at the Item detail

It should be at the bottom of the popup screen.

PeteA

former_member954026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

Now I can manually enter the details in activity tab. Is there any way to populate the details automatically into the activity tab at the time of notification creation? By default for all the activities I will set OK. After maintenance, if required I will change the readings.

Thanks and Regards,

Babu R

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at user-exit QQMA0025 (Default values when adding a notification) via TCode SMOD.

PeteA

former_member954026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

Thankyou. I will discuss with the technical team and will implement this.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1# Create Measuring points

2# Assign Measuring points as a PRT to task list

3# Create Catalog profile with Valuation code (e.g OK, Not OK etc)

4# Create plan and assign task list

5# Generate Maintenance order.

6# Pass valuation code in measuring document.

If you plant is big and have various location where you can not connect with sap system easily, Use Syclo Work Manager for inspection. Syclo work on mobile device online/offline. Above process can be done from mobile device where no need of paper use.

shrithar_shelvaraj2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

You can use User field in operation level.

still if you need more field there is user exit for the same.

Shrithar

former_member954026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

@ TOM, good solution, but it does not have a control. I have suggested this one along with another process which I have arrived by integrating with QM module to the user.

The process which I arrived is as below

Steps:

1. Create a Characteristic Attribute in QS41 and assign
  2. Assign the above selected set to plant in QS51 with valuation class and defect class
  3. Create Sampling procedure in QDV1
  4. Create Master Inspection Characters (Maintenance Questions) in QS21
  5. Create Task List and assign “Inspection Characteristic”  - IA05
  6. Create Preventive Plan and Schedule it. – IP42 and IP10
  7. Open the Inspection lot in QE17 and do result recording, if required create notification, Order confirmation and Usage Decision. Maintenance order and Inspection lot will be closed automatically

Steps 1 to 6 are one time activity and only step 7 will be done regularly.

Please give your comments on this process.

@ Shrithar,

I don't want to go with user exit.

Thanks

Babu R

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also create Measuring Point for each check point. Schedule a notification to maintain the check list. From that notification, you can create Measurement documents for those check points.

If some thing goes wrong, you can create Order directly from that notification.

I feel, this could more appropriate than your solution.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Above solution requires Measuring Point category should be assigned to Catalog Type by which you can get the list of check lists. In Measuring Point, you can define whether Measurement document should be created with either Valuation Code or Both Valuation code & corresponding reading as well.

former_member954026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran,

I did not understand clearly. Can you give explain it step by step please...

Regards,

Babu R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Configuration:

1. Create Separate Measuring Point Category as Check List
  2. Assign Standard Catalog type or Create new Catalog type & assign that to this Measuring Point category
  3. In QS41, create required check list with code groups & codes

SAP Easy Access:

1. Create Measuring Points for all your check list
  2. Assign the required Code groups to that Measuring Point
  3. Here, If you want to capture the concern check list value (Say, check list contains as Temperature Check. If you select this tick box, its not mandatory to note down the temperature. Else, apart from selecting Ok or Not Ok, you have to enter the temperature value as well) as well, don't select the field Val.Code Sufficient. Else, select that tick box.
  4. Create Maintenance Plan with Call object as Notification
  5. Once notification is created, you can create Measurement documents for these Measuring Points
  6. If requires, create Maintenance Order from this notification
former_member1341210
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Radhakrishnan,

I had sme what similar requirement from my client. I create maintenance item and I added the questionaire in Long Text just as shown below

After the plan is scheduled, we will get the below shown output

I think you can follow this approach.

Let me know if it helps you.

Cheers!!

TOM

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Babu ,

In the notification you can use the catalog codes to specify the results against each step . The catalog codes wil contain codes like "Ok , Not Ok " etc .

Regards