cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing before create delivery

0 Kudos

Hi,ALL,

I have meet with a very special requirement at delivery process from my project.

SAP SD standard packing solution about outbound delivery need we create the delivery first and then do packing business which means creating handing unit  in the delivery.

But I can not create the handing unit and then ceate HU delivery. My delivery is created from project system(PS) not sales order.

Because of the characteristic of huge project, logistic department can not do the delivery business when the materials have not been packed. The delivery plan is done by the packed materials. And the delivery will be entered when the done packed materials have been picked up by transportation department.

Maybe somebody will say that we need to change the process.I am sorry to let you learn that it is a reasonable requirement from customer!

If we just use the SAP stardard solution, we will meet several problem.

We can look the delivery as packing plan and do one packing business in one delivery.

While the real delivery business starts, one delivery stands as one HU and post issue several deliveries after picking up business.

But I want to know wether there is a better solution or we can just develop a platform independently.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Alex Ding

View Entire Topic
former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I request you ,please have a look into Rajendra Prasad Post .He has explained very well .This requirement has accomplished by Sales Order itself by clicking on " Extras Tab under " in Packing Proposals " in VA01.

Note : I am not sure at least this way ,you can satisfy or not .

Thanks,

Naren

0 Kudos

Dear ALL,

I have got my questions done.But the way I test is not very convenient for the end user in my eyes!

The testing environment is SAP IDES System.

Step 1: Creating one handing unit without reference to any document.

T-code:HU02

Notes: We have to choose the testing value!

Step 2: Display of Hus

T-code: HU03

Step 3: Creating one delivery and select the handing units to be delivered.

T-code: VL01N/CNS0 /VL02N

NOTES: the testing delivery is created from sales order just like reference to PS. We can not create delivery without material and choose HUs!

Thank You very much!

Alex Ding

Shanghai China

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Could you please share small thing ,How you got that Number when you saved Doc in HU02 ?

Note : Have you maintained any setting to get that ?

Thanks,

Naren

0 Kudos

Dear,

The number is handing unit number when you enter the packing material the number will comes up.

There is no any setting to get it.

Best Regards,

Alex Ding

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mentioned it's a big project, then automate the function with scanning the HU number on box/palette via RF.  You can review some of the LM* transactions.

Regards

Waza

Shanghai, China

0 Kudos

Hi Waza,

Thanks for your reply.

Would you mind  what is the LM* transactions means?

And Can I choose the HU number to create a delivery?

Best Regards,

Alex Ding

Shanghai China

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try LM00, these LM* transaction are used on a RF console for example.  And it can make the whole process more simpler for you. But it all depends on whether your WM are actually doing the process.  My clients in China, it seems that much of the process is done by the CS team.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naren,

when you creat the handling unit and save it the system gives you the number.

if you want to search the number of handling unit created by your user you can use HU03 and type your user name there:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yang,

Using Handling unit, to create packing very best way and easy steps. As per my exp, you can use one HU no. with similar product.

Regards

Sanjeet Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi, Mozhgan,

Thanks for your reply!

It's helpful for me to find out the right way to do my business by using SAP handing unit.

But as I said above, It is not convenient for us. Beacause we have chosen the materials and packed it before delivery create.

When I created I just want to choose the right handing unit only. But I need to choose details material packed already in handing unit.

We need develop a platform to realized it.

Do you agree with me?

Thanks again!

Alex Ding

Shanghai China

0 Kudos

Hello Waza,

I am sorry that I reply you so late. The requirement above is a chinese client's.And it is reasonable I think.

But our client has not using WM yet.

Don't I use the LM* transacions without WM?

Happy to communicate with you!

Best wishes!

Alex Ding

Shanghai China

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not used LM without WM.  But I have used a simple hand held scanner and then used a BAPI to do the posting in SAP.  You could this where someone scans the HU SSCC code and has the transaction for HU Z program in SAP and from there is does all the nornal processing as you require.

Note for my previous client it was just used for delivery and goods receipting.

Regards

Waza