Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA - Name Format in IT 0002

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am stuck up at very small thing of Name format (First name and Last name) and not able to understand how to resolve the issue.

As of now, name format in IT 0002 is reflected in an inverse way of the data maintained in 'First name' and 'last name'.

For ex, if First name is Test and last name is Priya, Name format is coming up as Priya Test and we do not want this.

Please refer the screenshot - Kindly assist, where else I can check and make the correction,

Many thanks.

Table V_T522N_A

Table T588J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think after making the changes to the name format config, you need to execute report RPUP0001 for the changes to take effect. Select only the Names checkbox on the selection screen. Test it for one employee.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tania,

I did that as well and unfortunately that is also not helping me..

After doing every possible configs, I posted this thread to get some inputs,

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you done both:

1) Ensure that you settings in configuration are done with Format 1

2) Execute the report

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Name format  go with F4 option and assign standard format. But in your screen shot for Name format F4 option will not be there. check the module pool for this IT 0002.

former_member219272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i have attached screen shots from my system might help

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, just for a trail run. keep the format as 01 and save. Now run the program RPUP0001 and go to pa30 and check.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Folks,

Thanks for your all inputs - unfortunately nothing is working out for me.

All I need is to have 'First Name and Last name' in Name format in IT 0002

Fields to be considered are under Names in english - 'first name' and "last Name'

Please assist me with it...

Regards

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Finally it's working for me - Create Format 01 in V_T522N and also in table T522F, maintained report name RPLMIT00 for employee list.

now if I maintain 01 name format in IT 0002, it is reflecting correctly as First name and last name.

My concern is how change the name format for all employees in production system as 01 instead its blank as of now.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

oh good you solved the issue, for updating IT 0002 mass

first take the dump for all employees and then go with LSMW to update.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rather thinking to change the format to 01, I made change in 00 format only and now no need to go for LSMW to change the format.

Probably report RPUP0001 will help me to update the master data.

Thanks a ton to all of you specially "Praneeth', 'Tania'

Regards

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To change the formatted name Empl/appl name field ENAME in IT 1, RPUP0001 is suitable. When you press F8 or Execute in SA38 or SE38 txn, then click the info button, you can see what it does.

Once IT 1 is changed, I have seen it used in time eval, payroll, payslip, etc.   I  expect it will be used in all the reports.

LSMW should not be required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

can you get you contact, i am going to config saudi payroll i need some help in the configuration. if possible send a test mail to my mail id which in my Business card.

Best regards

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jagan - Yes I have successfully done it.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Test email sent

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're welcome

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are welcome

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As per the last set of configs, and my testing

the moment, I select the name format 01 and try to save it- NO NAME gets displayed in Name format.Unsure, where and what is going wrong tried changing the conversions as well in table n V_T522N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why are you selecting the Name format? It is already defaulted correctly in the header now. Is your issue w.r.t. the Name format field? I assumed it was with the Name format displayed in the header.

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is possible name formatting rule is dependent on country of birth.

If it is India, then T522N needs to have entries for this country.

In IT 2 enter country of birth.

I made changes for India with the forma as First Name then Last Name for format 01 and reversed for format 02. 

In IMG the hypertext for the step Name formatting rules, SAP suggests that user should have in own profile parameters - par NAMEFORMAT_COUNTRY. I tested with X as the value.

In IT 2 when I used format 01 and press enter, it gives a warning to use standard format.  If you go ahead, it saves IT 2.

When you go back to PA20, the main screen display has name displayed as First Name, then Last Name.

It isa possible that RPUP0001 is to be run to update formatted name (ENAME) in PA0001, if changes are made in Name format rules after IT 2 is created/changed.   However in PA0001, the Last/first name (SNAME) is always Last name then first name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

keep Name format 00 in the IT 0002 and check

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

System does not allow to assign Name format 00 and it by default takes the field as blank

Former Member
0 Kudos

In V_T522N_A, copy the two entries and change the first column Format to 1. Note that Format 1 impacts Ename, format 0 does not.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tania,

I had done the same in past still there is no change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you attach a screenshot of that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

In the Table V_T522N_A in the 3rd column Name Format keep as 0 instead of 12 and try. (0 means sap standard format).

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

I did the same but it's still not working as desired

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have field names as VORNA & NACHN but in you screen shot different fields names are showing. check once is these fields are available or not. in my system VORNE & NACHM are not there.

former_member219272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check is there any dynamic action written fro this in T588M?

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

These fields are country specific and that's the reason it may not be available in your system.

Regards