cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overtime implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

We are using positive time management,can any one suggest which one is the best for my client?

thur IT2010 or IT2005 overtime recording?

Is there any other way to valuate the overtime except create a custom PC and PCR ?

Thx

pradip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,i have done from my side till now.

Overtime can be configured under Info type 2005 and 2010. I choose by 2005 entry ,It is Time Wage type, Wage type created under :

Time Management  -> Time Evaluation  ->

Time Evaluation Without Clock Times  ->

Time Wage Type Selection and Overtime

Compensation ->Create Wage Type Catalog

Wage Types are generated during Processing of Time Data in Payroll Run -XT00–TC00 and according to Generation Rules. set for OT. Then wage types are valued according to PCR set.

It is dependent on Holiday Calendar, Work Schedule,PWS Class, DWS Class and Day Types.

Generation Rule

Time Management -> Time Evaluation ->  Time Evaluation Without Clock Times  -> 

Time Wage Type Selection and Overtime Compensation

Define Valuation Classes for Period Work Schedules

Define Groupings

Define Processing Types

Create Wage Type Catalog

Define Generation Rules

Perform Time Wage Type Selection

Generate Higher Bonuses on a Weekly Basis

Compensate Overtime

Create all Generation Rule and assign the same in TW types

For breaks TD00 is used

Valuation of Time Wage Types Generated under DAYPR

The Time Wage Types are valued under PCR- X015 Consultant has to understand the conceptual difference between valuation of Payment Wage Types and Time Wage Types.

Copy X015 to customer specific PCR and value the OT Wage Types.

Other option is Create New processing Class as 90 and sub-class 01-for OT Base.

And assign these Processing Class to those Wage Types constitute Base for OT Rate. Though customer PCR,  add those Wage Types to new Wage Type 9001. Then, arrive Rate for OT by using T511K element.

Valuation of OT is left to Consultant to create PCR and place at appropriate position in payroll schema.

Maximum care is taken to explain the concept of OT under IT 2005. It is very clear that, even under complex scenario, IT 2005 proves the best in delivering SAP Best Practices to the client. There is some misconception that under negative time management, we are not doing any time evaluation and so IT 2005 is not applicable. By going through this document, it is clear that IT 2005 for OT works fine even without separate Time Evaluation

Check ZL table,hope it appears in payslip too.

I use all overtime approval by PO16,if i want it to approve thur MSS?

Can anyone suggest some steps or configuration doc?

Thx

pradip

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you clarify us one thing how you decided that 2005 and saying SAP delivered best practices.

There are cases while coming employee punches in and punches out

i.e let say Clock in 09:00 - Clock out 19:15 planned working time is 09:00 17:15 employee is with an intention he worked for over time is 02 hrs.

When we comes to the practical situation

Employee assumption is he worked for over time 2 hours but system does not know that he worked for over time 02 hours un till and unless a record maintained in 2005 since we have to maintain a record in 2005 which is mandatory.

2005 has to be maintained by either an employee or admin of Time department

Here are 2 concerns employee says that i have punched in and punched out details, Can't that system will give out put of Over time value with out having a record in 2005 duplication of work and time consuming since as per his punch in and punch out details he worked for over time 02 hrs but again he has to calculate it and enter it in 2005 further employee can enter more than 02 hrs as well who has to cross check and assure that he has worked for over time 02 hrs even though approval process is there  how his boss will know that exactly he worked for over time 02 hrs.?

Admin does not who and all worked for over time on regular basis but he has to maintain 2005 un till and unless there is a record 2005 no over time payment will be made to employees i.e he has to approach the employee personally,HOD or some other way admin has to get the information of employee over time who is responsible for finding the information of over time even though employee punch in and punch out details are there in system.

Manual intervention is there and there are lot of employees for an Organization will admin get information from each individual is it best delivery from employee prospective.?

What time employee is punched in punched out details are maintained can't system will identify over time values with out referring employees or head of department.?

either it is a paper work or communication gap some concerns are there.

Think about it even though you feel that it is a best practice we do not have any concerns.

Usually it can be preferred when they wanted to capture for reasons for over time why he is there in Organization for that 02 Hrs.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your Guidance@venkatesh.

Do you know any better option other than 2005 ,please explain.

I choose 2005 overtime process , as its don't need approval.Our client staff will maintain it .So i choose the process to implement.

Waiting for your valuable response......................:)

Thx

pradip

BalaAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What Mr.Venkatesh says  is that, when you get the in/out timing in 2011 (+ve TM), why again create overtime timing manually in 2005?. If possible to get the overtime from B2 cluster,after time evaluation, it will be more authentic and there won't be any audit queries.

2005 may be most useful, when the client is not recording timing in 2011.

Regards,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

But how i will get those data of extra hours from B2?

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have already pasted a link call in pay where it is clearly written how you can retrieve the over time values from your input values of 2011 and 2002 and if you do not required that option 2011 and 2002 then you go for 2005 as well do not have concerns check that link you will get an idea how to get the values of over time.

Further more there are other links which have been posted by Rajesh check them as well where Rajashekar also explained may be you have not gone through links properly.

Go through them.

apart from PCR's you can get them from V_T510S as well explore the system.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can i use XT00-TC00 for this or some other way to do it?i am using + TM...............

How to process the breaks in OT ?

rgds,

pradip

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What exactly the business process is accordingly we have to think usually overtime we can capture by either customization of  V_T510S or PCR.

Can you refer the following thread as well it may helps you to resolve the issue.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkatesh,

I want to proceed on time wage types,generation rule and custom pcr .now suggest me how to do that?and can i use this process for +tm?

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That works for Positive time management as well and it has been mentioned how to write the PCR's.

Regards

Venkatesh

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once you feel that your query is answered you can close thread.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this advice ,Mr. Yadav.

I don't think the thread should close ,i am not here to open and close it,i need some good advice and suggest to solve my issue .Be patience till now.

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradip

Could you let me know the process of your Time Recording at your clients place It varies from company to company. It depends on client requirement You need to identify which info type is best suitable for recording time at clients place for example 2007 or 2010 or 2005 as said by bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Client is using starlink machine to capture P10/P20 and thur 2 different zreports its accumulated in 2011.

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your scenario seems to be on clock in and clock out

If employee works more than his planned working time that is from 9 to 17 The system should consider Overtime

It can be achieved through rules I will check document and post if i have...

BalaAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Overtime can be implemented using IT 2002, IT 2007, IT 2005 or IT 2010. It depends on, how the client wants to enter data and how to approve. If 2005 or 2010 is used, then, the OT hours are directly entered and does not require any approval process.

2005 has some additional fields to capture. 2010 is used for not only to capture overtime, but also to make any payment through Time Management. 2010 is having amount field also, while other infotypes don't have.

In my experience, the standard overtime infotypes (which are mentioned above) were not suiting the requirements. They want some additional fields like, overtime remark etc, so we had gone for Custom Infotype.

Overtime implementation in +ve TM depends on the process of data creation, data approval and payment in the Organization (and how you want to integrate with Payroll module) and how you want to create overtime reports.

Regards,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bala,

Can you please let me know the process and steps in short to proceed?

Calculation /payment and reports?

Thx

pradip

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why did you go for Custom Info type for Overtime. You can always have additional fields in standard infotype.