Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OverTime Calculation Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends, I have a requirement where the Overtime is calculated as follows :

Basic Salary divided by No of Calender Days in a month= 1 Day Salary

Then 1 Day Salary divided by No of Working Hours on a Normal Working Day = Per Hour Salary

Then No of Hours of Overtime stored in 2010 multiplied with 2 Times the Per Hour Salary = Overtime Amount.

I have wrote a PCR for Overtime Calculation as calculation of OT varies from Employee Group to Employee Group.

In the PCR to get the exact No of Calender Days each month I have used variable GKSOLL and it is working fine in all scenarios except one where employee joins or leaves mid month. In such scenario GKSOLL stores the values of No of Calender Days employee was available. Is there any other variable which will always given the No of Calender Days of the respective month which can be used in this PCR. Please advise.

Regards,

SP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why cant you use ELIMI * to eliminate Splits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry sir, TKSOLL is not giving the desired output. I tried with a Mid Month Joining Employee, it gives the same output as GKSOLL. Please suggest some workaround.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you used ELIMI Function to eliminate Splits

first try it if not we will try with another way

Can please illustrate with an example where you are getting an issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I used. My PCR goes like this :

AMT= 9000 (9000 is my WT for Basic)

ELIMI *

AMT/TKSOLL

AMT/9 (Per Day working hrs 9)

MULTI ANA

NUM=2 (For doubling the Per Hour Rate)

MULTI ANA

FILLF N

ADDWT 9025 (9025 is OT Wage Type)

I used this PCR and the date of joining of the employee is 5th Oct so it calculated Per Day Salary by diving Basic Pay with 26 instead of 31.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the Processing 10 for basic wage type is it 1 or 2

and comeing to the PCR you have to take the referece of XPPF and XPP0 for this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Processing Class for 10 is No Reduction.

Infact I am getting calculation perfectly okay except incases of Mid-Month Joining and Mid-Month Leaving where employee claims OT in those months. Therefore not sure whether reference to those PCRs (XPP0 & XPPF) will have any impact. Please guide if there is any other way so that even when employee joins in between I should get full calender days.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PRCL 10 0 for basic pay means there will no proration right , test it by giving 1

and regarding the PCR we have similar requirement so iam confident about that ELMI * should help in this regards lets wait for other expert views

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI..COULD RESOLVE THE ISSUE BY CHANGING VARIABLE TO TKDIVI. ANYTHANKS FOR THE TIME TAKEN IN REPLYING.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try with TKSOLL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks...but with TKSOLL during Split periods its giving incorrect result.