cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overlapping of operations

raju_123
Participant
0 Kudos

what should be the different reasons for overlapping of operations i mean say operation 10 scheduled end time 10:30 am and observed that operation 20 scheduled start time 10:25 am. how to eliminate this problem. is it any where related to factory calender / shifts we define in work center. please elaborate.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Overlapping is defined on the routing. On the operation details, you can define the option "no overlapping" and the order operations will not be overlapped.

Please observe that, if your work center is using more than one individual capacity, you may also observe that more than one orders are dispatched at the same time on CM25.

BR
Caetano

raju_123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Could you please advise where exactly this overlapping option is available- i mean in tcode c203- which tab? or menu. thanks.

i am not getting the below message.

if your work center is using more than one individual capacity, you may also observe that more than one orders are dispatched at the same time on CM25.

could you explain in detail and how to identify whether work center is using more than one individual capacity.

Thanks.

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are several business reason why you could need to have an overlapping between two operations: for example, the second operation can be started even when the first operation has not been completed.

The overlapping is maintained in the routing (CA02). Click twice in the operation and you will find the Overlapping indicator. Flag this indicator and enter the overlap time and ahead quantity.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

raju_123
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, i can see overlapping option in ca02 tcode. But could nit find in c202 tcode. so in process orders, how to enter overlapping between operations? please advise.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Raju

The scheduling of a process order is quite different than the scheduling of a production order.

For a production order, the operations are executed on a sequence, one after another, while on a process order you must manually define relationships between the operations/phases.

If you want to define overlapping on a process order, you should define an offset on the relationship of two phases.

Next time you open a thread, please provide more details about the scenario and about the issue. I bet you will have your answers faster and you will avoid ping pong. Please read the following blog for more details:

BR
Caetano