cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overfulfillment Tolerance in case Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

When creating a Purchase req. with item category D (service) you can enter on the tab Service an overfulfillment Tolerance.

I was wondering if it possible to set maximum limit on this value.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MvdB,

You can set Overdelivery / Underdelivery tolerance in percentage terms just the way you do in case of normal Material Purchase Orders. This option is valid for planned services only. You have to goto the service tab, click on any of the service line items and system will ask you for underdelivery / overdelivery tolerance limits.

For unplanned services you can set the limit in value terms only under the limits tab.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Priyadarshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is a value limit for the line and another for the contract link and both are by value as well as having a "no limit" flag.

The LIMITs tab on the PO line stores the fields for this. Overall limit does what it says.

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean a purchasing value key for services? Not sure whether this exists. There is no such field in the service master.

Anyone?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep that is what I mean. Who knows?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately the Service POs are more value specific than qty specific and so you only really have the value limits I mentioned above, no delivery tolerances as such.

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Isn't the tab Limits with values only valid for unplanned services and has no influence on planned services (service master records)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the limit can apply to planned or unplanned services.

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

You also have the ability to enter the overdelivery tolerance for each service on the PO on the "services" tab.

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly, but is it possible to set a maximum percentage for this field. This way the field can be set on display and the user can’t overwrite the percentage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not aware of any way to do this with the standard system./ There are no default tolerances as ther are in Material masters.

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure that you need to use the service PO functionality?

You could use a normal PO with a material master instead of a service master and then use the tolernace fields in the way that you want to.

the reason that I ask this is that I constantly find comapnies using the ESM type service POs JUST because they are ordering services.

ESM POs (item category D) are ONLY required for complex services and where a two stage "receipt" process is required. The more normal services such as consultancy fees, temporary staff fees etc. are much better managed with "normal" POs and GRs etc.

Steve B