cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output problem in PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my system, PO output type NEU is triggerd. When PO is created NEU is triggered with output medium EDI. But when PO is changed NEU is triggered with ouput medium Fax. In both cases automatically. How is this possible. Can anyone help ?

tx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188914
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can goto se11 and table NACH and search for any enhancements for this table(using where used). I also agree that if you change the condition record this may affect other vendors/scenarios too. You may try one work around. For some of the vendors this functionality may be required and for some it may not be required. This is what I assume. For the vendors this is not required, you clear the fax number from vendor master data. After this, output type NEU for fax medium will not be determined, even if you have a valid condition record.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly check whether the new message determination set in the function "Assign message determination schema to applications" and the multiple transmission indicator set for your message type. If so, the new message determination will be carried out when the PO is changed and different transmission medium could been picked upon the settings made for change messages. However, please go through the following links for your better understanding.

New message determination

Multiple transmission

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please take a look at unde the following customizing path if are there different output types for each process (New PO and Changed PO)

Customizing Path: SPRO  >> MM  >> Purchasing >> Message  >> Output control  >>  Message types  >>  Define message type for Purchase Order >> Fine-Tuned Control: Purchase Order.

Here in my company they are the same as you can see below.

If they are same as mine presented above, check via t-code MN06 if are there conditions created that led the PO's be output via Fax. Maybe when you create the condition is print, but when you change it, it triggers another condition to output it via fax.

Maybe some condition regarding vendor, purchase organization or document type. the condition type depending on how your system has been set up. Here in my company all conditions are set up based on doc. type and purchase organization to use "print output" medium.

I hope it helps you.

Regards,

Rodrigo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my problem is not that why it has been happeneing. i need to understand the probable config which enables this functionality. In the fine tuned control, its necessary to maintain both in new and change(depending on need). if I remove this from change, then other scenarios might not work properly. Of course there are two condition records, thats why its getting determined automatically.  My question is that its picking NEU in change, fine. but why its changing output medium

tx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understood, probably the system is changing your output medium because there is any condition set up using fax as medium.

When you config the medium output you need to set up the fine tune and then create conditions to system perform this output automatically, I presume that there is any condition using fax instead of print output.

As I mentioned, it's necessary check via MN06 all conditions set up and look for one that is using fax.

In my system for example there are lots of conditions for each purchase organization and doc. type as you can see below.

For each condition is necessary verify if it uses pint output or fax.

You can also check this conditions via t-code SE16N filtering the table B560 by output type NEU. for each condition the system will return the condition id.

With the condition id we go again to SE16n t-code filter the table NACH by condition id and we are going to see if is there any condition using a medium different from 1 (print output)

In my case everything is 1 (print output), certainly in your system will have some conditions with value 2. If there, they need to be modified via MN05 t-code, If there isn't, i don't have any other clue.

As a last try, I'll ask an abaper to see if is there any exit implemented or enhancement that can be changing this medium when you changes the PO.

Best Regards,

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, there are condition records for both fax and print/edi and to my senses its fine. Because the business wanted to have original doc sent as print/EDI and then changes as fax. I tried it in a different system. But there even if I had two condition records for different mediums, in PO change, system always picked medium which was used in initial condition record. Seached for configs but no help. So probably there is an exit but I am not sure of exact reason. Does anyone have any other clue ?

tx