Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ournal Entry Transaction with respect to segmentation accounts

former_member312729
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I need some clarification regarding transaction of Journal entry based on segment cart of accounts.

For example

I have Account segmentation such as

Natural Account

Company

Region

Departments.

Now if i want a salary account transaction for departments then should i define salary accounts for each department or is it possible to select my departments at time of passing journal entry.

Regards:

Balaji.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member312729
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends ,

Consider if i want to post  a JE for salary of Marketing, Purchase, Accounts Department for particular region and these department & region are defined in segment categories. Now my question will i be able to select  these department according to region at time of transaction similar to Distribution rule / Cost center  " else " should i predefined my GL for  each Department with respect to region.

Regards:

Balaji.S

former_member212181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Answer is "You have to predefine GL accounts".

Thanks

Unnikrishnan

former_member312729
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi UnniKrishnan,

Then for each department along with region wise i need to define GL accounts then what is the  use of Segmentation compared to Cost center/ Distribution rule.  I have raised this question in order to know whether i should go for segmentation or cost center based. Regarding Both of this topic i dont have any documents about segmentation  or costcenter / Distribution work flow, only thing i could refer is standard sap help topics which gives me a general idea. Actually client accounts staff are working in oracle in which  segmentation is used were combination can be selected at time of transaction.

Regards;

Balaji.S

former_member212181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then the best way is treat company, departments, region as Cost centres.

Then you can select Select natural account and cost center factors at the time of creation of transactions.

You can make cost centre selection as mandatory from Administration > System initialisation > General Settings > Cost accounting > Distribution Rule, if required.

You can run cost centre wise P&L By Clicking "Expanded" in selection criteria.

Thanks

Unnikrishnan

former_member312729
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks

For salary level journal entry fine. Since i want to clear how to map these cost centre  GL while transaction for other Documents.  And how bout Balance sheet wise will this cost centre will work . Do you have any material regarding account segmentation and cost centre/ distribution rule which will be help full for me to understand their work flow .

Regards:

Balaji.S

former_member205766
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the below link it may helps you

SAP Business One Profit Centres and Cost Accounting - YouTube

With Regards

Balaji Sampath

former_member312729
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can i get some more reference help

former_member212181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

In SAP B1, First You need to define GL Accounts first, then only you can select those GL accounts in transactions.

If Journal entry user has rights to create chart of accounts, then user can select "New" from List of GL Accounts window and user can create New GL over there, and it can be used for further transactions.

Thanks

Unnikrishnan

jitin_chawla
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Segmentation usually helps you with creation of the Codes of the G\L Account based on the defined segments.

Example :

Natural Account |  Company | Region | Departments

10000                 |         000   |      00   |    0001

More segments can be defined under the different heads which could help you out in determining the accounts to be used for various transactions.

Kind Regards,

Jitin Chawla

SAP Business One Forum Team