Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OrgModeler Create Scenario

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using Nakisa OrgModler 4.0 SP 1 , we are able to create scenarios but we do not have an  option to create Number of Positions while creating the Positions. Is there any option to choose number of positions in a single click? It will be easy to create  10 positions at a time instead of going one by one.

Please share your inputs here.

Thanks

Rag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rag.

Take a look at section 8.8 in the 4.0 SP1 OrgModeler user guide - it is about importing data.  Rather than offering a way to add multiple positions directly via the visual interface which would probably then need to duplicate field data (which could be confusing), the import facility means you can quickly duplicate and edit the source data in your favourite spreadsheet or text editor and then load them up into your scenario in just a few clicks.

Regards,

Stephen.

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephen,

Will check and come back.

Regards

Rag

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen ,

I have read Scenario Analytics section  but still not very clear on how we can create multiple postions in a single click while creating the scenarios.

Can you please guide me how to add this, do i need to import csv file with position count values ? is there any other settings to get the Create New Position ( multiple position ) in the user interface screen.

Thanks

Rag

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rag.

I think there may be some misunderstanding here.  The CSV file should contain details for ALL of the positions you wish to create ... NOT the number of them that you wish to create.  For example using copy & paste you should be able to replicate a single row (containing the details for a position) many times quite quickly and then import that file (as per the guide) to create each of those positions.

Not exactly a single click solution and not one wholly within the user interface as you have to prepare a suitable file ahead of time, but I'm sure that it is faster than creating many similar positions individually via the interface.

Does that help?

Regards,

Stephen.

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Yes, it helps.

Can you pls telll me how to prepare the CSV file i have standard template with me but not sure about the format to be used.  Also can you please share your thoughts  whether a single click can be implemented or not.

Thanks

Rag

Answers (0)