cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order unit in Info record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an info record for a material xyz from vendor abc. The order unit for the same was NOS and now i changed it to EA. 1 EA = 1 NOS. Basic unit of measure in master record is NOS.

1) When i click on the conditions tab, the system says that this function is no longer possible after the order unit has been changed.

2) During creation of a PO for the material xyz and the vendor abc, my understanding is that only EA order unit should be accepted and not NOS. But system by default is taking NOS and does not throw any error on not changing the order unit.

Kindly help me understand this.

Regards

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl check in your info record whether you have maintained old order unit in the info record. If so then change the same. The system will throw ordering unit as per your requirement. This is possible because, after changing the ordering unit in PO, system is not throwing any error nor it is asking any conversion factor.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prashant Kolhatkar

reward points if answer is helpful

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check whether you have activated variable order unit 'Var.OUn' set as '1'

in material master->purchasing view.You have to set this as '1' to effect order unit.

Regards,

Sunitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.. The order unit is displayed after following your answer. But I am still not clear about conditions.

Thanks in advance.

former_member637182
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Here u can change the order unit from NOS to EA.Before that u can remove the total stock for consumption then only it possible.

Thanks & Regards

Suresh

> Hi all,

>

> I have an info record for a material xyz from vendor

> abc. The order unit for the same was NOS and now i

> changed it to EA. 1 EA = 1 NOS. Basic unit of measure

> in master record is NOS.

>

> 1) When i click on the conditions tab, the system

> says that this function is no longer possible after

> the order unit has been changed.