cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening & Closing Periods - FI - T.Code: OB52

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

When I close the existing period and open the new period in Dev Server, after click the Save button it asks Deployment Request No.

If we create new request and transport this deployment to Quality Server to start few testing.

When we do the same operation in Production Server, the system is not asking the Deployment Request number at the time of saving. It is allowing and saving directly. Why?

What is the difference between DEV/QA and PROD server for this kind action?

Could any one guide me.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

SS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the usual process in transport from dev to qa to prod. when you do configurations in the production server it is automatically saved and overwrite the configuration. In dev, a new transport request is created because the configuration is on test mode which needs to tranfer to qa to prod in order to the configuration to apply.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This problem solved as per guidelines.

Thank you very much to all.

Regards,

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please ask your BASIS department to set your Development client as a production client in the tab (Client Role) in T Code SCC4, after that OB52 will become modifiable.

regards

Parag Bhargava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Previously it was not asking the Transport Request while change the periods. Now it asks the Tr.Rqst No. for deployment.

Please guide me where we need to check this?

Regards,

SS

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The process you are currently following is good.

Please go through your SCC4 settings. Contact your basis administrator for further details.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually open and close FI period (transaction code OB52) is a master data but In Development Server the basis consultants set up in sandbox clinet and quality client to generate a request no. if u change values in OB52.But this can be changed(modifiable with out generating Request No) in Development server for this transaction code.

Thanks

Sudipto