cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Items

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>

Clearing of reversal with original document line items for those items that post to an Open Item Managed account

Check for each BSEG- HKONT of document if SKB1-OpXOPVW = X

The reversal document should post with clearing the open item managed line item (BSEG-XOPVW) for the accrual document</b>

I reveresed the document using a function module, however not able to understand what exactly to be done in the above sentences...

can someone please help in understanding it..thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to FS00 and enter the GL account and the company code. Check if open item managed in the second tab enabled or not. This is under the Account management in company code.

Only accounts managed with open item management qualify for clearing.

Clearing is basically matching entries of debit and credit values within an account that totals to zero. Once cleared they move to the cleared area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am ABAP Developer.

the above sentences are given by my BA. and i am not able to understand the requirement there...can some one explain in detail.thank you.

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is to be solved by your BA or one who is incharge of master data of GL accounts.

While setting up a GL account, at the time of creation of master data of that GL account, one has to decide whether this account is to be managed on an open item basis or not.

Examples of GL accounts that are maintained are GR/IR account and other clearing accounts. These accounts balance are expected to become zero after the related transactions are over. Once the related transactions are over, they are cleared (process of clearing). When one uses the transaction FBL3N to view the line items of a GL account account, by default it shows only the open items. Cleared items are not seen.

In order to permit an related transactions to be matched and cleared, that GL account has to have in its master data, open item managed check box enabled.