cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

online measurement document update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

I want to taken online reading of equipment e.g temperature of PLC in to SAP data base. and if its lower or upper limit range of temperature reached a planned notification will create. I am going to use measuring point for this with user exit IMRC0001.

Now My query is how to update reading in measurement document.??? if for every change in reading if I create one document then there will be too many document for only one parameter.

and if I update reading in regular time period lets after every 4 hrs then in that case my last reading will be recorded in system . In between this 4 hr if my temp cross my limit and again come down then that condition will not record in system .

If any one come across to this situation please guide me .

Regards,

Prasad.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prasad,

Then you need to records your readings, say every 4 hours.

And also detect the exceptions in between the 4 hour readings. You could get the PLC system to call a BADI to create a notification in these cases and also create a measurement document.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pete

what you said is very correct.

in my scenario my readings will be first updated in local database(dotnet platform ) through an interface. then by calling BAPI my measurement document is updated. now one thing I can do is I can check data in dotnet platform and if that data is in danger zone then only my measuring document is updated.

But I want to know standard procedure to update online parameter like this. because every time I don't have such type of in between platform where i can check range of data or as u suggested exceptions in between the 4 hour readings.

your valuable inputs required.

Regards,

Prasad

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you saying that the PLC system cannot determine an exception (i.e. outside temperature tolerances)?

Answers (0)