cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one wage type to multiple GL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a doubt regarding mapping one wage type to multiple GLs.

The existing system has a wage type mapped to a symbolic account and the symbolic account is in turn mapped to a GL account.

Now, the customer requires to map the same wage type to another GL. This can be done through feature PPMOD, wherein the symbolic a/c remains same and that can be assigned to 2 different GLs (Through Employee grouping for account determination)

I went through the process required for doing so.. just to give you and overview of what I think requires to be done...

1)     Create a new employee grouping in table V_T52EM

2)     Assign it to the grouping in feature PPMOD

3)     Check the checkbox for MOMAG in table V_T52EK

4)     Go to T-Code OBYE, click on rules, and check the Employee group checkbox there.

Now, when I try to save after the 4th step, it gives me a warning message saying 'The current account determination will be deleted if the rules are changed. Do you want to change the rules?'

My question is.. 1) am I going in the right path

2) I am scared to click on yes when it gives the warning message in the 4th step(Since I read at a lot of places that it will change the rules and one should be careful when making such a change). I want to know what impact will it have if I click on yes. Will the current mapping get deleted? or what other impact?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sujith_EM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you mean by one wage type with multiple GL assignment.

Is one GL is Credit and One GL is Debit or you want to assign one wage type with two different Gl of the same kind or you want to change GL assignment of a wage type now ( earlier it was assignment with another)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujith,

I want to assign the wage type to two different GLs of the same kind.

Please tell me if I am going in the correct path and also about my apprehension towards the 4th step I mentioned above

Best Regards,

Urvi Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, You can post multiple GLs, You need to maintain those many Symbolic accounts to wage type and account determination correctly i.e Credit and  debit side should match then only can generate document.

Exe: Employer contribution towards PF, its expense account as well as balance sheet account. but not paid to employee.

Sujith_EM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The scenario is like for the same category of employee you want two GL   or  is there any criteria for the differciation.

If for two employee group have two GL for one wage type  or the same for two Org Unit  or any other conditions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujith,

I want the GL to be determined based on the Employee Group, so the differentiating factor for determining the GL will be the Employee Group. This can be determined through PPMOD, but please tell me about my concern for the 4th step that I mentioned.

Best Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saphrd,

2 symbolic accounts are not required according the research I have done.

Please check the documentation for IMG node Employee Grouping and Symbolic Accounts, in that the example that is given.

Best Regards,

Dave

Sujith_EM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you have define employee sub group grouping for account determination ( V_T52EM )

Then you have mapped this with your Employee group in PPMOD.

For example you have  configured  in the first step mentioned here like 

1 Executive

2 contract

3 Trainees

Then you have 3 set of GL for a particular category of wage component , say Basic pay which is assigned with Symbolic account  BASI  

Now in step OBYE

BASI    1   1234567

BASI    2   7654321

BASI    3   9999999

Like this you have to assign different GL according with your requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My reply is for single wage type amount post to more than one GL or not only.

Without documentation reading how can i post my dear. I was given example also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saphrd,

I didn't get what u mean.

I am actually only looking at replies from my issue point of view..

Can u explain it once again?

BR,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Given by you. for that one only given reply. For kind your information its your issue only..

Hi Sujith,

I want to assign the wage type to two different GLs of the same kind.

Please tell me if I am going in the correct path and also about my apprehension towards the 4th step I mentioned above

And

Check your Subject line of Posting thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saphrd,

oops! sorry.. i guess i got it wrong..

BR,

Dave

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One WT in Multiple GL Accounts Why do you want post to multiple GL Do you want to push the amount to GL based on Employee Groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sikindar,

Yes, I want to segregate them based on Employee Groups.

Best Regards,

Dave

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You Need give your  Symbolic Account  EG  GL , Once you configure please test from both HR and FI perspective i feel in order to view  the Amount credited or debited will be difficult either from HR or FI prospective

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sikindar,

I did not understand what u r trying to say.

BR,

Dave

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in OBYE 4th step

Give

Symbolic Account   EG    GL account

Once you configure please test from both HR and FI perspective i feel in order to view  the Amount credited or debited will be difficult either from HR or FI prospective

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sikindar,

But in OBYE, I have only 2 columns i.e. Symbolic Account and GL Account.

I don't have a column for Employee Group.

How will I get that.. is it by ticking the Employee Group checkbox in the Rules in T-code OBYE?

BR,
Dave

Sujith_EM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While you enter into OBYE in the top you can see rules , click on rules then you will get a scree.

Please tick  Employee Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujith,

Thanks.. Exactly my point.. when i tick on the employee group and save, it gives the following warning message: 'The current account determination will be deleted if the rules are changed. Do you want to change the rules?'

So I am scared to click on yes when it gives the warning message (Since I read at a lot of places that it will change the rules and one should be careful when making such a change). I want to know what impact will it have on the current settings if I click on yes. Will the current mapping be affected?

BR,

Dave

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i feel there will be no issue you can proceed

Sujith_EM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With my Experience. it will not make any problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok then.. Thank u Sujith and Sikindar, I think I'l proceed.. but 1 more question.. the existing entries won't get deleted or anything.. right?

BR,

Dave

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even though if get deleted not a problem

Try for single entry and than test