cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One production order or multiple?

former_member811373
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a BOM with 2 components and 2 assemblies. I have option to create 2 production orders for assemblies and one for FG. Or I can create one production order for complete BOM exploded instead of 2 orders for assemblies . The one production order can have multiple operations and 2 operations can be —- create assemblies with components assigned. Why do we need prod orders for sub assemblies? What can’t we create one prodn orders and include sub assembly as operations and components?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Narasimha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don’t have inventory status of assemblies ? I hat about back flush ?

former_member811373
Participant
0 Kudos

These assemblies are specific to FG . No inventory needed . So you mean if no inventory tracking is needed , then 1 production order is good ?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you mentioned all assemblies are produced in one area itself, you can use single production order and assign different routings to it and confirm accordingly wrt to partial confirmation.

also check with your FICO team as well while going on with this business scenario.

0 Kudos

Hi Deepa,

You can create a single production order and proceed accordingly, but if the sub assemblies are done in separate production line then for it a separate production order should be created since it may involve labor, machine in it and it may invoke costing as well.

If the sub assemblies are done in the FG assembly area itself, then all can be mapped into single production order itself.

former_member811373
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Durai

It is one big area where all assemblies are produced and feeding to one another and finally final assembly is also done. If I create production order for each assembly based on dependent requirements from FG, I think too many orders on floor. So instead I want to add steps done by each line as operations in one production order , some operations can be in parallel sequencing and for cost anyway you have machine time and labor time in each operation. So just want to know any risk by not creating prodn order for each line

former_member811373
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks , as Narasimha mentioned, our FI guys did not accept … not having inventory visib

0 Kudos

Hi Deepa,

You can create a single production order and proceed accordingly, but if the sub assemblies are done in separate production line then for it a separate production order should be created since it may involve labor, machine in it and it may invoke costing as well.

If the sub assemblies are done in the FG assembly area itself, then all can be mapped into single production order itself.