cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Delivery Type, Many Invoice Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a peculiar invoicing configuration where we just use one sales order type (PCRE) and one delivery type (ECRE) and many invoice types, one for each plant, my problem its that for the last plant we must be missing a configuration since when creating a new invoice (VF01) SAP by default suggest an outdated invoice type (I am erasing it from VTFL next) but since this is also entered with the rest of the plants where we do not have problem I am wondering where can I find link between Invoice Type and delivery when the delivery type its the same for all the plants?

in other words: how does SAP knows the correct invoice type since the delivery type and sales type are the same for every plant, since only our invoices are different for each plant?

I have been looking here unsuccessfully: VTLA , VTFL, VTFA, V/54, OVL3 and others.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Carlos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
where can I find link between Invoice Type and delivery

In VTFL only, you can find a link between your delivery type and billing type. If multiple billing types are there for one delivery type, you have two options. Either you have to key in manually in VF01 or VF04 or go for billing exit USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE (Module pool SAPLV60A, program RV60AFZZ). Nevertheless, you should have copy control for all those billing types against that delivery type in VTFL.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mr. Lakshmipathi,

We dont have any user exit on that program, and on VTFL and VTFA we have just one type of SO and/or Delivery for all the centers and somehow in all except one in VF01 gets the right kind of invoice.

Since also it is not possible in the other centers to enter an invoice for a different center (except on Guadalajara where we do have this issue), Could it be possible to work it backwards? I mean to deny every type of invoice somehow except the one for the correct center?

Best Regards,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Standard SAP has no configuration per say to determine different billing type per plant assignment. If this is happening, per first response to your post, it must be accomplished by some ABAP code somewhere. Suggest a couple of places to look

1. My memory, I think in RV60AFZC there are routines to move field to VBRK and VBRP. Have a look to see if there is code in there that changes the biling type according to plant

2. Check the copy routine assigned to your delivery type to "old" billing type and see if there is code in the routine that sets the billing type for you.

Frank

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

As per standered SAP it is not possible to pick Billing type based on Plant but yes we can have n no. of Billing types based on

Plant just need to maintain Copy Cotrol in Tcode: VTFA and VTFL for each Billing types and during creation of Billing do select

your Billing type manually and do save the same.

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

Happy to help u

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mystery solved: it had to do with users profiles.

Thanks everybody.