Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OM PA Integration

Lisa_Chapman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We are having issues with our OM PA integration.  When the org administrator changes the text on positions or org units it is not updating in PA.  When we run RHINTE30 we receive the following message: No update of infotype 1 necessary. 

The following are our settings in T77s0:

PLOGI PLOGI  01 (our active plan version)

PLOGI ORGA   X

PLOGI PRELU   

PLOGI SPLIT

Based on my investigation and testing I have determined that if I put an X in PLOGI SPLIT I can then run RHINTE30 to update the text in IT0001.  However, I am trying to understand what I can do to make this text change automatic.  As well, what is the impact of adding an X to this field?  Will we have to do extensive regression testing?  There are concerns within our support team that changing this entry in the table could potentially impact other HCM modules (payroll / enterprise compensations, etc.) which doesn't really make sense to me.

Any guidance / insight that you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lisa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are many threads can you check.

Regards

Venkatesh

Lisa_Chapman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkatesh.  After reviewing many questions and SAP notes, I think I understand the purpose of the RHINTE reports.  However, as per above, I am having a hard time understanding why this information does not automatically update when the switch is activated.  As well, I want to be aware of all the potential impacts of activating this switch.

Thanks.
Lisa

Chris_Schutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Lisa ,

Have a look at Oss note 1903281 .

If helpful , please set the answer as helpful . Thank you .

Lisa_Chapman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Christophe.  I am actually getting this message when the test button is not selected.

Chris_Schutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Lisa , do the user you run RHINTE30 , has the full HR authorization , sometime authorization in HR can be tricky !

Lisa_Chapman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Christophe.  This does not appear to be an authorization issue because it works when the PLOGI SPLIT is activated.  My primary question are:

• Why doesn't IT0001 update automatically when changes are made to the position / org unit text is updated?
  • Are there any other testing considerations when activating this switch?
Former Member
0 Kudos

Text changes not updating PA is pretty standard.  The system is expecting an accompanying action will be performed which in turn will update this information.  Only master data such as a Cost Center change at the OM level will trigger this automatically.  Hope this helps!