cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OKB9 - ProfitCentre/Cost Centre

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done the OKB9 settings as follows for cost element posting GBB-VQP (Quality Inspection):

CO. code : 1200

Cost Elemetn : 405987

Then Acc. Assignment Detail : 3 (Profit Centre Mandatory)

(No cost centre is assigned here)

In the "Detail per profit Centre", I have assigned different profit centres and the relevant cost centre for posting. However, system is still giving error message that "CO Account assignment is missing". Have I done it properly ? Should I give a default cost centre in the opening screen itself ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niki

Can you give more details about the transaction i.e. at what time is the sample being taken for Qly inspection... Please provide as much details as possible

I think the Cost Center assignment at level 3 (ie Pr Ctr wise) wont work in this case... But, would be able to comment better with the details you provide

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not understand "what time" the sample is taken. It is taken at different stages of production. They are using movement type 331 for this purpose. Is this helpful ?

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niki

Account assignment in OKB9 does not work at a detail level in some cases

You need to have OKB9 entry at a higher level i.e. at company code level in such cases...

Refer the following notes

0000032654 High level automatic account assignment

0000105024 Automatic a/c assignment (OKB9) does not work

0000409520 Goods/invoice receipt: Default account assignment ignored

May be you can ask your ABAPer to debug and see if profit center is getting derived in the line item of GBB-VQP. Unless the PC gets derived in there, your OKB9 wont work....

Regards

Ajay M

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. So I understand that we can only give a default cost centre per company code for this type of goods movement in OKB9.

Thanks.

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikitha,

OKB9 settings are evaluated only if there is no account assignment for the cost element. You have mentioned that the cost element already has PRCTR assigned. In that case system will not evaluate OKB9.

regards

Waman

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In case of cost element you need one real account asignment and you could have many statistical account assignments. PRCTR is always a statistical account assignment. Revenues can only be posted on cost centers statistically. So maybe the system is looking for a 'real' CO acccount assignment.

Please refer notes 106968 and 41103 in this regard

regards

Waman

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Waman

I guess she is not trying to post to PC as an Acct Assignment Object.. She is trying to derive a cost center based on Profit center

In this case, may be there is no PC in the GBB-VQP line item, hence OKB9 is not working

Nikitha, correct me if I am wrong

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

The material is withdrawn for sample testing. This material already has a Profit Centre assignment. Bus this profit centre information is not helpful in arriving the cost centre from the OKB9 settings.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niki

In my opinion, that may not be possible via OKB9

However, you can use MB1A or MIGO and use movement type 331... You can enter a cost center of your choice

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nikitha,

So far I understand GBB / VQP is for sample withdrawal without account assignment and GBB / VQY is for sample withdrawal with account assignment.

Kind Regards // Shaubhik