cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okb9 and 3keh differecne

0 Kudos

I'm trying to understand the difference between OKB9 and FAGL3KEH. And at the time of asset acquire entry will be asset dr to vendor credit.. in that case how will document splitting take place because both items are balance sheet items how will business area wise or profit center wise splitting will take place...in case of balance sheet account how will document splitting take place.

For that will we use FAGL3KEH OR OKB9. Please explain.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are mostly correct Gaurav.

OKB9 - for Cost elements

FAGL3KEH - for both Balance Sheet and P/L Accounts.

Have a check.

Thanks,

NSK

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thank you Gayathri, my doubt is FAGL3KEH in case of balance sheet accounts and OKB9 will be used for P/L account. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello gaurav.singhal007 ,

FAGL3KEH is used to determine Profit Center for Balance Sheet account, if the profit center cannot be determined or entered manually. As already pointed by gayathrikrish the profit center will be derived from Asset Master (Cost Center carries the profit center) based on ACSET Configuration. Similary for material postings, the profit center is determined from material master. However, if the profit center cannot be determined on other configurations or cannot be entered manually, than FALGL3KEH configuration triggers in for the GL Account.

Similarly, OKB9 is used for CO Object determination, if the cost center cannot be determined and a default cost center needs to be assined. Eg, the posting related to FX Posting or something, which is posted automatically.

Hope that clarifies.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanil Bhandari

gayathrikrish
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

the above answer was more towards derivation of PC and BA.

Once AA line derives the PC, the same is passed onto the Vendor line (via Inheritance).

You may further study the business transaction variant of the standard setting for doc splitting for Asset doc types (AA, AF etc) to have a closer look at the splitting logic.

BR

Gayathri

gayathrikrish
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi Gaurav

check the table T093_ACCOBJ and config t code ACSET.

Basis this, the Account Assignment is picked from the Asset Master.

Hope this helps.

BR

Gayathri