cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obsolete FM ALE_MODEL_DETERMINE_IF_TO_SEND ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

im using function module ALE_MODEL_DETERMINE_IF_TO_SEND to determine if an idoc should be sent, given the receiving system and message type.

When i choose the FM from the "Pattern" popup, the system displays a warning message "Function module ALE_MODEL_DETERMINE_IF_TO_SEND is obsolete - do not use"

Which FM should I use instead?

Im waiting for suggestions.

Regards, Manuel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Click on the message to get the long text. It might tell you which FM to use. If that doesn't work, try the FM documentation. It might be there.

Rob

manuel_bassani
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks to all, but long text and FM documentation don't explain which FM to use instead.

F4 doesn't seem to give any suggestion.

Regards, Manuel

manuel_bassani
Contributor
0 Kudos

From the doc it seems i could use it...

i will use even if it is obsolete!

Maybe when the system will crash i will return ...

Thank you anyway

Manuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case, I would continue in the manner sugested by Ramakrishna Prasad. If you find nothing useful, continue with less and less restrictive wildcard selections:

ALE_MODEL_DETERMINE

ALE_MODEL

or check OSS notes (maybe first).

Rob

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the SAP documentation link I provided does seem to encourage the use of this FM & this is from the 4.70 Release Notes, they don't even mention that this is an obsolete Function Module.

I had some obsolete FMs in my code the past, I really didn't see any harm being caused, I eventually changed them. But I think your purpose should still be served by this FM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's what I found in the SAP 4.70 Help Documentation & the funny part is they don't mention that this FM is obsolete !!

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/78/2177e351ce11d189570000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Wish I could be of more help...

venkata_ramisetti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check in se37 by giving text ALE_MODEL_DETERMINE_IF_TO_SEND* and F4 value help.

It might give a relavent FM for this absolete FM.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna