cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Objects in Cost Accounting to GL Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sirs,

While I am clearing the vendor account (i.e.clearing the advance with bill) the following warning message I got

" Do not assign any objects in Cost Accounting to Account 121050"

121050 account is a Advances given to Vendor account

Can anybody explain what exactly the meaning of the message I have received.

Regards,

Sreenivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Advances given is a Balance Sheet, hence you cannot assign a Cost Center for this line item. Try to post without entering Cost Center.

In case if it gives the error message stating that Cost Center is a mandatory field, change the field status group assigned in the GL Account. Go to transaction code OBC4 and change the Cost Center as an optional / supressed field. At the same time check in which GL Accounts this field status group is used, such that it has no impact on other accounts.

Thanks

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali!

Thank you for the reply.

We are clearing only the vendor account in T.Code F-44 . Then why the above message has been displayed. There is no option for entering Cost Object. We just select the documents to be cleared and save.

Regards,

BSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether the field status is changed for GL Account after the postings are made to Vendor account. Balance Sheet accounts should not have Cost center.

Thanks

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the GL Master and found that there is no changes have been made so far.

Regards,

BSR