cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numbering series error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a purchase user who has a numbering series set as default for him in group 2. His authorization is set as full authorization for series group number 2. But still when i try to make a GRPO from a PO it gives me error "To generate the document first define the numbering series in admin module". I am on 2005 PL 26. Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As the GRPO creates a Journal Entry in the background you must assign a series for the JE as well for the Group 2 in the Document Numbering.

Regards,

Nat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Natalia,

I don't want to assign different JE series to group 2. I want to keep the JE series constant for all users for all docs even if they have different series in different groups at document level. Can I assign a single JE series to multiple groups and how?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kapil,

What you can do is to set the JE let's say to Group 10 but you set nothing else to this group and then give authorisation for everyone for this group. This way everyone can use the same series for the JE whenever they create a transaction where a JE is created in the background.

Hope it makes sense.

Regards,

Nat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assing current default period indicator

to purchase order,GRPO numbering series.

Jeyakanthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

Whenever you get an Error saying this means

"To generate the document first define the numbering series in admin module"

You haven't defined the Authorization for this user correctly, my suggestion would be to check if you have assigned Document Numbering & Series in the Administration of the General Authorization window.

Path

Administration->System Initialization -> Authorizations -> General Authorizations-> "Select the Particular User" -> Administrations

-> Document Numbering

-> Series

Do reward if it helps you out

Regards,

Shreyas