cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number ranges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can somebody tell me about how to make internal and external number ranges and how to make the NUMKR feature.

shruti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SPRO

Personnel Administration

Basic Settings

Maintain number range intervals for personnel numbers

Select Status tab >> set the current num ber as 0 to all

No from num To number Current Number Ext

1 999999 99999999 0

2 1000 800203 0

3 900000 999998 0

4 1 999 0

__ ____________________ ____________________ ____________________

save>>back>>select Intervals tab>> select the requiresd number series as Ext

Ex: number seires 999999 99999999 as External remaining all Internal.

No from num To number Current Number Ext

1 999999 99999999 0 >

2 1000 800203 0

3 900000 999998 0

4 1 999 0

__ ____________________ ____________________ ____________________

go to >> Determine defaults for number ranges NUMKR feature >> and assign as return value of number series sequential number(1,2,3,4) to the required PS area, PSA, ES, ESG.

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am not able to understand u properly.

can u send me screen shot at

shrutiberi79atgmaildotcom

Kind regards,

shruti

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

External Number Ranges Means the end user gives the number

Internal number ranges means the system will generate the Number Ranges

Tcode PA04 here select from which range to which range u want the number ranges and also check whether u want internal number ranges or external number ranges

and check NUMKR in Pe03 make default value there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

Number Range is the Range which you define for a particular object like S,P,O,C,K etc

In Internal Number ranges:The system issues the numbers automatically. This number is between the from-number and the to-number defined in the range. The last number issued is logged in the current number level.

In External Number ranges:You need to enter a number which needs to be between the range u define

The NUMKR Feature:

First Go to PA04 and define the number ranges for the Pernrs. There are serial numbers defined.

Now go to Feature NUMKR and define the decision tree and assign the Serial number as the return value.

Say you want different employee codes for various PAs, then define 2 number ranges in PA04 and in the decision tree. Now in the Feature, create the decision tree on the basis of PA .

Hope the information helps

Good luck!

Regards,

Shweta

Edited by: Shweta Thakkar on Jan 19, 2009 6:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The answer to the thread is already given, I would like to add/correct one point, which Shweta mentioned:

For object number maintenance we have different number range, and we do it through OONR

&

For Personnel Number range which we are discussing in this thread is done using PA04.

Best Wishes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can u tell me difference between two . can u please send the screen shot at

shrutiberi79atgmaildotcom

and

secondly

i am confused at part

when we give from number to number

does it pick last number

or any number inbetween from to to

Kind regards,

shruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u send me screen shot for better understanding.

regards,

shruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!!

Go to Tcode SPRO - PM->PA->Basic settings->Maintain number range intervals for personnel numbers

Here you will be able to create number range intervals. click on change intervals and then Create.

There you can change your number ranges, please remember to click "External" to keep the number range as external.

-> Determine defaults for number ranges- and use Feature NUMKR. In decision tree insert your number range sequence number under your country. Activate your feature.

Or else use the direct transaction codes to create number ranges:

Go for PA04 then follow the above para.

Go for Pe03, the select the NUMKR Feature, then follow the second para.

Good luck

Devi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

In SPRO goto maintain number ranges and create your own number range and tick the check box so that the created number range becomes external.

For Maintajining NUMKR goto pe03 and type numkr and maintain the feature there.

R K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Tcode SNRO

Here you will be able to create number range intervals. click on change intervals and then Create.

There you can change your number ranges, please remember to click "External" to keep the number range as external.

Then Use Tcode PE03 and use Feature NUMKR. In decision tree insert your number range sequence number under your country. Activate your feature.

Regards,

Abhee.