Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number ranges for PM order types

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

I am defining number ranges for my PM order types but a stange thing is happening . When I am inserting the Group with a number range then this group is not getting added but the number range that i have mentioned for this group is getting assigned to some other group already available in the system like data transfer , internal number range etc.

I am following these steps :

1) Going to Define number ranges in SPRO for order types .

2) Clicking on "Change Groups" .

3) Inster Groups .

4) Entering Group text .

5) Under the Group text , entering from and to number range (not using F4 here directly entering number range which is not created earlier ) (eg 200 to 300) .

6) Clicking on insert button .

Once I am done with above , while assigning the "not assigned" elements to group added above , I found actually the group is not added . But in the overview its showing the number range 200 to 300 assigned to some other group already available in system like data transfer , internal number range etc..

Does nybody know the solution .

REgards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member806758
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP PM,

Under the Group text , entering from and to number range

(Use F4 here to assign the number ranges)

It will work now

Regards

Mohan

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan ,

But in the F4 my number ranges are not available which I want to use .In F4 its showing only these values :

But I want to use range 5000000000 to 5999999999 .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the number range is not available, you can't use that range. We need to go with available number range. If there are no orders created using your required number range (by seeing the current number), you can unassign the assigned order type & change the description then assign your order type.

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh ,

But ht e problem is that even the number range is not in F4 when while creating the new group I am mentioning the number range without using F4 its taking the number range and not giving any error . Also this number range automatically assigned to some other predefined groups (as I said earlier ) .

REgards

former_member806758
Participant
0 Kudos

hi SAP PM,

if u r creating new gruop means, u have to create with available no. ranges...

as u said, if we give number ranges without using F4 also, system will throw an message "Enter intervals without overlap". 

Regards

Mohan

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan ,

the msg mentioned by you will be thrown only when the number range mentioned by you lies within range of some other number range which is already assigned to some other object .

But I am mentioning a new number range not assigned to some other object also not lieing in any other range assigned to some body else .

REgards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP PM,

I have also faced the same situation so only solution is to maintain the text of group as per requirement once it's assigned to any other group. As u mentioned no. range defined by u is getting assigned to other group( like data transfer , internal number range etc) then modify the text Data Transfer to as u required and then assign the order type to that group.

Sunil

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One more thing  , while searching I read in help

" When you assign number range intervals, ensure that the 12 digit interval area is used by the order types for all the order categories belonging to one client. You should therefore discuss the assignment of number intervals with the other applications that use orders . "

What exactly I should take care according to the above precaution .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I was facing that issue, no other module was using the order types. There were no PP module for Production orders & CO module for Internal orders. Moreover, that number range got assigned to standard order type not custom order type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also faced the same issue. When we define some new available number range, it will get assigned to some other group.

I have not found any reason or resolution for that issue. But I tried for some different number range & got assigned. I have no clue where went wrong.

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Its very strange . Some times it works and some times does not . Now what I have tried is once my number range get assigned to some other group then , I am selecting this group and clicling on change . Then in the dialog box I am deleting the number range assigned to it . But system shows a message that deleting number range ,may delete group . I have choosen yes . It has deleted that group .

Now , Again I followed the steps mentioned in my very first comment .This time group get added and then I assigned my order types .

Can anybody help on the same .