Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number ranges for material types

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

when defigning number ranges for material types

which one is advantagies

1.diff num ranges for diff mat types(10000 series-ROH,20000-FERT,30000-HALB ex..)

2.same no ranges for all mat types

tell me adv & dis adv for both senerios

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

diff for diff material types will be better one.

It helps in reporting purposes

If it is same you cannot differentiate among material types

thanks

suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi suresh

thanks once again

new to imp proj

so in real time generally how will u config no rang for mat types

so if i config like that is there any disadv i will get compare to that 2 nd senario

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

It is always advisable to go external number in material master.You need to study the exisiting legacy system and try to capture the same or extend with some logical thinking by studying the business processes of the organisation and with interaction with core team members in the organisation.

thanks

suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

sap recomends use int no ranges .u r suggesting me ext no rangs

which one is adv process tell me

my BBP process over now am in realisation phase

client reqmt is int no rangs

my Q is in that int no rangs should i give diff series for diff mat types or not

which one is adv

suggest me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes u r rite SAP recommends internal number ranges.In all my previous(3) projects v have used external number and it is advisable to go for external number ranges looking behind the logic to differentiate among materials(ie Eg RAW MATERIAL,FINISHED GOODS ETC)

Since your client has suggested for internal number ranges u can go ahead for that.I feel u should give different series for differnet material types so that user can differentiate among material types on long term.

thanks

suresh