Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of firm's own (internal) inventory-managed material

former_member210158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

what is internal inventory-managed material in SAP. How do i create it: what is the material type to select?

What is it have to do w.r.t business?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where did you find the term ? Is it from this discussion Inventory Managed material(IM Material) -field ... | SCN ?

Or did you find somewhere in your SAP system ?

former_member210158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In SAP, Actually i need to get this data of part numbers of a material stored in product structure of it. While doing some R&D i found this internal inventory management number..

Please see the image below and suggest me how to get that data of manufacurer parts.

Regards

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you have used the transaction code CC04 . This transaction is giving the full product structure of the material . In the portion you have highlighted the manufacture parts associated with the materials .Hope for this material you would have maintained the source list for these vendors which have been declared as manufacturer for the parts  please check the purchasing view for the material for the mfr part number and a profile and a manufacturer have been assigned . and then use the transaction MP01 for the checking any approved manufacturer have been assigned .

please check the below sap help link for more details .

Approved Manufacturer Parts List (AMPL) - Purchasing (MM-PUR) - SAP Library

Regards,

former_member210158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mr Patra and Sai,

your posts were helpful to me.

What i understood is: Inventory Number is actually a material number which is created in mm.

For which we have different vendors/manufacturers to provide the material when needed.

I added one vendor and part number for my inventory material in purchasing tab along with Manufacturer part profile(which is needed to add multeple vendors to the same inventory material).

Now i have created two materials with material type:HERS and added inventorymaterial number to it along with its own part number and manufacturer.

When i am checking the part numbers of my inventory material number, i could see one in Purchasing tab and remaining 3 in product structure under manufacturer parts.

Did i get this right ?

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you maintained the AMPL as explained by sap , this list need to come in the product structure . Manufacrer concept will be for like a Bearing ... say this will have manyfacturers with differrant mfr numbers if you recollect . To represesent this kind of situations , this is the set up in sap.

Regards,

Answers (0)