cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number assigned Infotypes not updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have internally generated P No. and by mistake the user has only generated the P no. and not populated any IT in actions and after that some other user has hired a couple of more employees so the internal number count is incremented by 2.

Now how do we deal with this situation it is not letting us delete the personnel number, change entry leaving date, or populate any IT saying personnel number not asigned.

please help in this regard. Also what are the options available with us do we :

Delete the p no?

populate the IT(if so how)?

After deleting will we be able to use the number (as the user does not want to forego the number).

Ugrent help in this regard will be appreciated.

Regards

Ankush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

You can delete the PERNR from tcode 'PU00' or report 'RPUDELPN'.

For reusing the PERNR...i would suggest you to give this a try as even i am not sure how this work...

If your personnel number is '90002' ... and as you said you created 2 more personnel numbers after creating '90002'

which means the last personnel number created in your system is '90004'.

Delete '90002' by the above said method and then do the following.

Go to tcode PA04(Personnel administration number range)... the current number will be '90004'... change

this current number to '90001' and save.

Now try creating another PERNR through PA40 and it should assign '90002' to the new record created and have all the

infotype filled up.

After succesfully doing the above step...go back to PA04 and it has current number as '90002'... change

this current number to '90004' and save so that the next newly created PERNR's will continue from '90005'.

This is one way i can think of handling your issue. Please let me know if it works this way or anyother way that you were able to resolve your problem.

Regards

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why would you want to reuse the pernr? We have this situation often - pernr getting created with only IT000,0302 and 0003. The user quits the action and never 'revisits' that pernr.

We actually have a program running each month to delete these pernr.

Br

Kirsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why would you want to reuse the pernr? We have this situation often - pernr getting created with only IT000,0302 and 0003. The user quits the action and never 'revisits' that pernr.

We actually have a program running each month to delete these pernr.

I would not try to reset the counter; at least not if you are 100% sure no one else is on your system. And as said - I don't see any problem with these pernr not being used. A pernr should preferrably be a key and not bear any meaning.

Br

Kirsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

I was able to solve the problem by following most of what you had written, thanks for that.

the part that i did not do was set the current number back to the incremented number and the new number generated while hiring was the next hiring was the next avalabkle number and not the one that was already hired, thanks a lot for your time and advice. Appreciate it.

Regards,

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirsten,

We suggested the same however the user was not willing to budge from the position thats why we had to find an answer.

Regards

Ankush

raghu_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

You ned not delete th per.no, what you can dois that hire the employee through pa40 and execute infogroup. or use pa41to change the entry and leaving date for the employee and populate other infotypes using PA30. Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear raghu,

Like i mentuioned i have already tried to do that and the system is gioving me the error No data stored for Actions in the selected period in both cases.

Please suggest any alternative.

Regards,

Ankush