Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not connected to a company

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

What are the main causes that make the VB addon can't connect to company database or database server ? This issue escalated by a certain client. The addon in the workstation client can't be open with error message "

1 .restart add-on , 2. log-off company 3. continue working without add on

if oCompany.connect is not skipped. If skipped, it is worked but when attempting to run one of addon features (from a button), the error message "not connect to a company". How to solve the problem ? is it caused by upgrading result ? because the customer has upgraded the PL 20 to PL 41 of SAP B1 2004A version.

I appreciate your answer. TIA

Rgds,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

I face the same problem...

First u remove add on and refresh the company...

next Register addon.if u come same problem check upgrad version...

what is ur using B1 version...Its same means no problem other wise make ur code and design same as clinent using version..

Thanks..

chiyan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also had the same problems, recently I upgraded to SBO 2004 PL41A, the addon and SDK works well in the server machine but can't connect to a company in the client machine, please let me know if there is something that can lead to solutions.

I wonder if SAP GUI client read a file to get the connection string.

AdKerremans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

Did you upgrade the DI also?

Regards

Ad

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ad,

I have asked the customer to upgrade the DI also and it must be from folder PL 41 not from SBO_SHR. I do not know if they did it or not.

I also confuse where in SBO 2004A, there is no SDK upgrading when performing PL upgrade, is it correct ? I am afraid if it is the problem.

What do you think the solution if the customer said they has upgraded but still error. The client workstation could not open the addon. Do you think it is needed to recompile the addon, create new installer and create new ard file ?

Thanks and Rgds,

AdKerremans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

You are right, SDK upgrade is not standard with SBO2004 PL

you could remove the %TEMP%\SM_OBS_DLL folder and retry

It is not neccesary to recompile, create installer and/or create new ard file

Regards

Ad

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ad,

Tks for your answer. I have found the folder. I will ask the customer to perform that job. Are those files in the folder workstation client or server ?

Rgds,

AdKerremans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmi,

Maybe some hints:

- During upgrade of the DI sbo must be closed

- Remove DI and reinstall DI

Regards

Ad