cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to link Vendor and Customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a vendor (V) and customer (C) without linking.

Now when I edit the customer to associate vendor to it - when i add the vendor in 'Vendor' field and when saving it is giving error saying Vendor V is not linked to Customer C. This is happening other way round also. When I am creating Vendor and trying to give customer C in 'Customer' field, it is giving error - Customer C is not linked to Vendor V.

What is happening here ? Am I doing anything wrong ? Which one to create first ? How exactly to associate ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried assigning vendor number in customer master and customer number in vendor master in other SAP instance. But with my current SAP system Im not able to do that. Its giving same message 'Customer is not Linked to Vendor' .

Why does this message come ?

Edited by: raagu15 on Jan 23, 2012 11:03 AM

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Copy and Paste here entire message

former_member220489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might have not read the above replies to your question correctly.

Hope you are getting the below message.

*Customer XXXXXX is currently not linked and will be updated accordingly

Message no. F2293*

Since the above is an warning message and can be ignored.

If this is not the message that you are getting, then provide us the message number and long text in order to suggest you with the solution.

Regards,

Srinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

It worked. When I assign customer number in Customer field in vendor master, I had to click enter to assign properly.

Thanks to all

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't see any check box with name Clg with Cust in Create Vendor: Control section. I just see a Customer field in Account Control tab but no check box

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The check box will be displayed only when you enter the customer number in vendor master under control data tab. Otherwise it won't be displayed.

Rgds

Murali. N

0 Kudos

Hi,

In customer master go to company code data there in tab "Payment Transaction" you will get a option "Clearing with Vendor"

and in Vendor master under payment transactions accounting " Clrg with Cust." is the option.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

KSandeep

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check out thread;

[;

Regards

KSandeep

former_member220489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ignore warnings and proceed with the same.

Make sure that you have selected Clg with Cust in vendor master and Clg with Vend in customer master.

Regards,

Srinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Vendor Master/ Customer Master and go to control data Tab And give me Account Number of Vendor or Account Number of Customer

Thanks ,

Raviteja

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The message is only information and not error

Goahead inspite of information messages and link between vendor and customer

See that you selected Vendor/Customer link check box is selected at company code data

You can start with customer first as well, no issue