Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to create production order for 1 of the material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PP Gurus,

Need your help.

While creating production order I am getting error message, as shown below. Please advise me whether I am missing some thing?

Please note for the same material production orders already created. But now I am facing this issue.

{

No production supply area found for work center ID DUMMY4LA

Message no. LP 090

Diagnosis

No production supply area is assigned to the work centers (work center ID DUMMY4LA) used or the production supply area is not defined in the bill of material.

The production supply area is copied from the work center. If the production supply area is not defined in the work center it is copied from the reservation (using the bill of material).

Procedure

Make sure that the work centers used for the WM-PP interface are assigned to a production supply area otherswise the production supply area must be defined in the bill of material.

}

Thanks in advance,

Sharan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

The error only occurs if the work center is not assigned to a production supply area and in the bill of material no production supply area is entered either.

The determination priority is as follows:

o from work center: highest priority

o from bill of material: second priority

o from material master: third priority

Please check.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PP Gurus,

Thanks for your response, but last week few production orders created for this material by batch job, but today only facing this issue ( not able to create production orders manually using CO01)

Please advise further on this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Sharan

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Have you check the BOM work center and material master for supply area? may be you did some change in that? On which SAP version are you working?

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

ShekharDamale
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sharan,

For above stated message solution is u have to maintain the supply are in W/c or BOM item. In last where u created order with batch input (i.e. BDC) the error message might get ingored in processing. You can cross the error by the opening previously created orders in change mode (CO02). CO01 transaction creates the manual order where all the error check are done as per configuration.

Regards,

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know where I can maintain this supply area in BOM.

Thanks,

Sharan.

ShekharDamale
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto CS02 enter header material and enter

Double click on item number 0010 or select item and press F7 (i.e item details)

on Status/long text tab >> Further data screen>> Supply area.

This u have to follow for all items in BOM

Shekhar

ShekharDamale
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As error shows the missing suppy area; you maintain the storage location in default data tab in u r work center or in status/lonf text tab for each item in BOM .

Shekhar