cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to Cancel Outgoing Payment

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to cancel Outgoing Payment. I have checked this in another database where, I am able to cancel any Outgoing Payment.

What can be the reason for this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Can you explain the scenario?

For which account type,you are posting the Outgoing payments?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario is, Kamba is not responding to my calls.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No personal conversations here..

You explain the scenario in this thread....

Edited by: kambadasan on Aug 26, 2011 1:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not a personal conversation. This is a scenario.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you cannot cancel ANY Outgoing Payments in this database, check if there are any SP behind it.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for your valuable answers, however, I finding that none of the forms I am able to cancel from any user ID (including Super User)

My client has posted some wrong entries.....example- Journal Entry, AP Invoice, Incoming Payment, Outgoing Payments etc. Now the client wants to cancel the wrong entries and re-posting them correctly. However, they are unable to cancel those incorrect entries.

I tried uninstalling some Add-Ons and reinstalled them. After that we could cancel some entries. Again, when we looged out and re logged in, then again tried cancelling the entries, it again showed the same problem. This again cancel option was not working.

Please suggest me what can be the problem asap?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for your valuable answers, however, I am finding that none of the forms I am able to cancel from any user ID (including Super User)

My client has posted some wrong entries.....example- Journal Entry, AP Invoice, Incoming Payment, Outgoing Payments etc. Now the client wants to cancel the wrong entries and re-posting them correctly. However, they are unable to cancel those incorrect entries.

I tried uninstalling some Add-Ons and reinstalled them. After that we could cancel some entries. Again, when we looged out and re logged in, then again tried cancelling the entries, it again showed the same problem. Again cancel option was not working.

Please suggest me what can be the problem asap?

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether there is any additional code in the SP_TransactionNotification. Try to comment the additional code and then try to cancel the Payment.

Also it would be good if you let us know the exact error you are getting so that we can check more.

Kind Regards,

Jitin

SAP Business One Forum Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

The add-on must be a trouble maker. Try to disable or uninstall it to see.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we right click and choose Cancel option, the transaction does not cancel. There is no error message also. Surprisingly this is for every document. We tried in another database, however, there the cancel option is working fine. Please recommend what has to be done. All add ons in use are important, without which the client cannot work. I cannot disable the add ons. I will try uninstalling and re installing the add on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Are you able to cancel the Outgoing payment after disabling the addons?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should try the suggestion from Gordon or Kambadasan to disable the add-on. Just backup your latest production database, restore it as a testing database, disable the add-on in the testing database, try to cancel the document on those testing database without the add-on working

By reading your symptom, I suspect there is a certain logic in the add-on which whenever user cancel the document, system set the bubble-event as false, hence, the standard SAP cancel function never worked.

You had to try this (restore latest database backup, disable the add-on). Otherwise, you never know what your problem is.

Best Regards,

Hendry Wijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, client is able to cancel the documents after we uninstalled the add-ons. I want to know what should be the reason behind the cancel option not working when we install the add-ons. How to rectify the same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like I already mentioned before, my best bet is that your programmer (I assume you didn't write the code yourself) write a faulty logic inside the add-on.

Maybe it goes something like this, whenever the "Cancel" event occurred, your programmer set the BubbleEvent as "False". Therefore, no wonder the cancellation never work out. You should tell your programmer to debug the code and modify the coding, it is actually not that hard to debug this kind of case.

Best Regards,

Hendry Wijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to find out which add-on cause the trouble by installing or enabling them one by one. The add-on has to be fixed before use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.......

What is going on?

Vicksss........

You have to check whthere you have done reconcilaition of your Outgoing payment or not?

If done then try cancel reco. and then try to cancel Outgoing Payment.

This will allow you to cancel payment.......

Regards,

Rahul