cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No report in LVS Viewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I install LVS server/client/viewer on my PC and tried to test it (I only have 1 PC to test so that I installed 3 together)

When I run the report, I didn't get any error message but there is no report in the viewer. Does it mean we have to install server on a SAP server and install client and view per PC? Or maybe this is display an issue of my OS (My PC is window XP x64. My remote test PC is windows server 2003 x86)? Thanks.

Regards,

Yuka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yuka,

Is this related to your current posting?

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean current posting?? I tried to make it work on my test PC and the live server of our company. We got the same issue: no error message, no report. Nothing.

zal_parchem2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jie - I see what you mean..if you run it and there are no error messages, you want some kind of report to come out that says "no errors"...

Well, I do not know about LVS, but every other report I have run for SAP-provided maintenance or fix it has gone this way - when I ran it and there were problems, I had the list of problems displayed. If there was nothing wrong, no list came out...

So maybe this is actually a direct question to SAP Support???

Take care and good luck...Zal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean your new posting regarding service stopped. From the definition of LVS: , I think it is normal behavior.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zal,

Thanks for the reply. From the LVS report viewer, I think we should have a report shown. In SAP Business One LVS Report Viewer.pdf I can see the layout of the report. But in my viewer, no result shown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

From SAP Business One LVS Installation Guide.pdf it says:

You must manually start the new service for the 1st time after installation. Start the new service from the windows services screen. Since the service is marked as automatic, then after a restart of your machine it starts automatically from then onwards.

From here, I feel we need to see the service up and running. Not start and then stopped. And I cannot make it start. It stopped all the time.

Regards,

Yuka

zal_parchem2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well Jie - I apologize - I researched a bit further and I have steered you wrong. I found this posting:

this posting above really made me scratch my head (see my comments in posting)...sorry that I suggested you take it to SAP Support...

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Yuka,

I have answered your question in the other message you created reporting the same problem at:

Hope it helps

Trinidad.