cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No MRP View, but MRP fields showing in MARC table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We didn't maintain MRP views for some materials (Material type: SEMI). In OMS2, all the views are selected except Production resources/tools. When i tried to view MRP view through MM03 transaction, the system is rightly saying that the MRP 2 view is not active for the organization level.

But when i see the same materials in MARC table i see some values populated in the fields related to MRP views like:

Procurement type: X

Planned Delivery time: 0

Assembly Scrap: 0

Period Indicator: M

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the procurement type is defaulting from material type customizing OMS2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

In OMS2 for the corresponding Material type, both the

Ext. Purchase Orders and Int. Purchase Orders are set as 2.

The procurement type field is populated as 'X' for a selected few materials, can i know how does that happen.

Thanks,

Satya

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2 (external procurement allowed)  + 2 (internal procurement allowed) = X (both procurements possible)

how do you create your material master? do you really create a material master from scratch, or do you copy from an existing material?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Material master is created using thrid party tool and extended through a Z program.

Why for only few materials we have procurement type as 'X' is my baffling question.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It could potentially be a bug in your third party tool  or Z-program which caused this.

Are these old materials or recently created ?

Can you replicate the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The above fields will appear in MARC even though you did not maintain the MRP views.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you let me know what are the interdependent views which will populate data into MRP 1,2,3,4 views even though they are not maintained.

Also, only for few materials Procurement type is updated as 'X' and for other no entry exists against the field procurement type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below are the field values you will see in MARC even though MRP views are not maintained for materials.

Purchasing group, plant specific material status (flow from purchasing view), procurement type and period indicator ( flow from SPRO setting).

Please note that procurement type will be defaulted in material based on the setting done in OMS2 for material types.

Also,the values for fields like planned delivery time, reorder point, lot zie, safety stock.. etc will be shown as zero in MARC.

Regards

Vijay

Message was edited by: Vijaya Bhasker Reddy Gujjula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya Bhasker,

Agreed, but i'm not seeing the same data for procurement type for all the materials. Only for a few materials, we have procurement type as 'X' rest are empty. And all the materials belong to same material type (SEMI).

Thanks,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said that the materials are created by a Z program, then there might be some conditions inside the  code whether to default the procurement type or not.

Just open the program in SE38(display) and click the find button and enter the field name BESKZ and press enter, you will see teh usage of this field in the prorgam. If you are not able to understand the techincal things take the help from any Abaper.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you looking for the same plant in MARC as in MM03 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i am...