cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No line item in Profit center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a question regarding the scenario "FIN_PCA --> Profit Center Update" in New GL.

I have assigned this scenario to my leading ledger (0L) and also to non-leading ledger.

When I did the posting to the primary cost element which is assigned to Co.Cd and co.cd assigned to both leading and non leadign ledger, both cost center and profit center are picked and posting went fine. But the problem is am unable to see this line item in the profit center (T.code - ke5z), where as the same line item is available in cost center. The same line item in the table FAGLFLEXA shows the both cost center and profit center to which it is posted.

I am not sure if I am missing any configuration step. I have assigned the profit center in the cost center master data and also the profit center is activated.

Any help in this regard will be duly rewarded and appreciated.

Regards,

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram

Now with ECC 5.0 onwards with Document Splitting, not all the documents are updated in Old profit center tables. The report KE5Z is a old transaction which are derived from GLPCA & GLPCT tables and not from FAGLFLEXA & FAGLFLEXT tables.

You check the profit center with the new reports from New GL Information sytems for eg.,S_PL0_86000030 - G/L Account Balances (New), S_PL0_86000031 - Transaction Figures: Account Balance .

And if the entry made by you in a simple expense entry and still it is not getting updated in KE5Z check the configuration step 1KEF for your controlling area or you would not done the configuration required under Controlling->Profit Center Accounting.

Regards,

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suraj for the reply. Can you let me know the T.code or path to see the actual line item in the profit center in ECC 6.0. I have executed both the reports and didnt find any data in those two reports.

Can you please explain me 1KEF transaction. I didnt understand that.

I was actually testing all the 5 scenarios (except consolidation) of new GL in my test environment. I was able to post to profit center but I didnt find any data in KE5Z. Whats the T.code in ECC 6.0 for KE5Z?

Regards,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram

If you are saying that you are able to view the data in FAGLFLEXA, then the data should also be seen in these reports.May be the selection criteria entered for the reports are not correct,

You have the following selection

Currency Type - 10

Company Code -

Ledger -

Fiscal Year

Period

Period

Execute the report, the data entered by you should appear.

Further coming to the 1KEF, you are activating the actual documents to flow to profit center accounting. Without this configuration, data in the table GLPCA, GLPCT and data in the report KE5Z would not happen. But you also need to do the configuration under SPRO->CONTROLLING->PROFIT CENTER ACCOUNTING also should be done.

But in ECC 6.0 you dont need profit center accounting, New GL with Document splitting takes care of all the requirements.

Regards,

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

After configuring 1KEF, I will post and check the things. Should I check all the check-boxes in 1KEF?

Regards,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Dont click on the locked.

Assign points if suggestion is found helpful.

Regards,

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks suraj. After the settings in 1KEF, I did post again and am able to see the line item in profit center.

I have assigned the full points. Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Sriram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Check whether , you have selected the "online" for PCA Controlling postings. When u post the document , this "Online" check ensures that the document is generated.

Otherwis you have to transfer the values periodically.

Please assign points as way of thanks.

Thanks

Dasa