cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No direct consumption of Stock Materials after posting GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created PR for Stock Material through Maintenance Order by putting Item Category as "N". PR created automatically through Maintenance Order and accordingly PO is also created. Now the problem is after posting of MIGO the material is getting directly consumed against the account assignment mentioned in Maintenance Order.

But I want to take the material in Stores first and then manually issue against the maintenance Order. Please suggest me if there is any solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The correct process should have been -

1. Create a material reservation w.r.t the maintenance order.

2. Run MRP to create Purchase Requisition if there is no material availablity, followed by PO

3. Receive the goods in store.

4. Issue against material reservation.

In this case, your requirements are also fulfilled and the accounting entries are also accurate.

Hope this helps

Priyadarshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it is not possible. The requirement is not meeting.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then you have to use category L for stock material. Next MRP run will then create a requisition to fill up stock, if the stock is not sufficient.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually the requirement is like that only. We want to take PR only from maintenance order for Stock Items and want to take the same material in stock after GR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apoorav,

Sorry, there is no standard way to post GR to stock account in case of account assignment category as N.

Thaks,

Charu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remove account assignment in maintance order or purchase order.

If you maintaned account assignment it goes consumption accout only not for MIGO , as per standard process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to receive the material in to store. then don't assign any item catrgory in PO. make standard PO & recceive the material for stores.

then reserve the material or issue aganist the maintaince order.

Because if you want to receive the material for stores then value also should post in invetory account not order account.

SAM