cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Web Orders and Period Closing, SBO v.2007

Former Member
0 Kudos

SBO is set to change period status automatically on the first of the month. Every month a couple orders that were created in web tools do not synch due to a period closing error in the web log.

Anybody else seen this behavior? How do you handle it?

I've tried changing the period status in Business One, run the synch, then re-change the period status. Sometimes that gets the order through, and sometimes it doesn't.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem seems to really belong to Business One rather than web tools. Upgrading SBO patch level fixes issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy,

Which patch level of 2007 was this fixed in?

Geoff

Former Member
0 Kudos

PL 38. See Note 1166138, 'Not possible to update documents if posting period is locked'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy,

First, you have likely exposed a bug, so I would suggest you create a support message so this ends up in the fix queue.

I expect this has to do with the createdate/purchasedate of the order. I not completely certain which of the two fires off that error, I would guess purchasedate.

You italicsmightitalics be able to fix this by changing the purchase date of the Webtools order to be inside the B1 period.

If that worked, you could create a synch plugin to kludge the fix until a patch is available (presuming it is a bug).

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case it might be useful to others, here is a query I created to check for orders that appear to be stuck due to period closing events:

--Check orders in Web Tools Queue reporting period closed errors.

select b1o.docnum, b1o.u_prx_sid as B1WebID, b1o.cardcode as B1CardCode, b1o.docdate as B1DocDate, b1o.doctotal as B1DocTotal,

wtq.timestamp as SynchTime, wtq.Synchstatus, wtq.Syncherror,

wto.OrderID as WTOrderID, wto.CartName, wto.CartType, wto.AccountID, wto.SubTotal, wto.CreateDate, wto.PurchaseDate

from b1webtools..transactionqueue wtq join b1webtools..ordermaster wto on cast(wtq.keyfieldvalues as integer) = wto.orderid

left outer join pfa_live..ordr b1o on wto.orderid = b1o.u_prx_sid

where

wtq.synchstatus in ('Failed', 'Skipped') and

wtq.keyfieldNames = 'OrderID' and

wtq.transactiontype = 'A'

and wtq.Syncherror like '%period%'

I have it running as a Business One alert.