Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Legal changes

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

we have one requirement

Business want to calculate Deprecation on the basis of Useful life  with a condition of 95% of acquisition value

Example Acquisition value is 120

useful life is =1 year

Normally it would come 10  all 12 months But in our case system has to  do 120 X.95= 114 then divide 114/12 = 9.5 it would come entire 12 months  kindly guide how can i do it

Regards

Ajeesh.s

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Kindly share me your valuable suggestions so that i can move ahead and take a wise decision

Regards

Ajeesh.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeesh,

So you want to do this setting only for a particular asset. 

Can you check  Financial Accounting (New) Asset Accounting Depreciation Valuation Methods Further Settings Define Cutoff Value Key.if this cut-off value key solves your problem.

Scrap Value and Cutoff Value - Asset Accounting (FI-AA) - SAP Library

Refer the link above to check if this is related .

Regards

Nitin

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

i have followed you methods .while i  am checking AW01N  system is not able to divide total Depreciation on  equal  basis

Example

Acquisition value  =100000

Useful Life =2

As per our requirement =1000000 x .95 = 95000 Divided by 2(useful life), 47500 , Depreciation would 47500 for each year

As per  Cut off method

Here we maintained cut off rate : 5%, now system considered 95000 as depreciation and put 50000 as first year and 45000 as second year instead of maintaining 47500 for each year , kindly guide me

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeesh,

You have to create cut off value as 5% in ANHAL transaction code & assign the same in to respective depreciation key customization AFAMA and also select scrap value as 1 base value is reduced by the scrap value amount in AFAMA transaction code.

Regards

Mani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeesh,

1. Enter the Cut-off key in Dep. key Configuration AFAMA.

2. In Scrap Value---> Select 1. Base Value is reduced by Scrap Value Amount.

Regards

Nitin

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

"and also select scrap value as 1 base value is reduced by the scrap value amount in AFAMA transaction code"

Could you please share this  screen shot

Regards

Ajeesh.s

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ajeesh,

Sorry for late reply

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeesh,

You can achieve this using Memo value. Memo value is the amount that is not depreciated. So in your case 5% would be the memo value that would not be depreciated.

Define a memo value for specific assets. You can also define a memo value that is valid for all assets in a given depreciation area. You enter this memo value in the depreciation area.

Go to  Asset Accounting-> Valuation->Amount Specifications (Company Code/Depreciation Area) Specify Memo Value.

Regards

Nitin

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

we need to maintain % for all the assets

Regards

Ajeesh.s