cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New check lot with 6 digits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts

My client is having a check lot which is having 4 digits check number and want to have new check lot with 6 digits. But while creating a new check lot it is not allowing to create a check lot for 6 digit check number How to resolve this.

babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sridevi_p
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error is normal, wheth the structure of the check numbers change from the previous lot.

As suggested in the previous reply, you can change the message control.

Application Area - FIBL

Message Number: 664

Navigate to the path as mentioned in the previous reply. You can chagne the Online & batch to be S where it displayes information in the footer.

Regards,

Sridevi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts, Thank you all of you for your kind help.

yes i need to change check number (From and To) to 6 digits with new check lot.

could you give some clarity on "S" you ask me to maintain in "Online & batch" in customizing.

babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

S - Just to have a message on the footer

E - Error

W - Warnings

- for switch off message

hope it helps

Regards

A.Saravanan

sridevi_p
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Changing the structure of the check number normally does not happen and hence SAP has given it as an hard error.

But again, it all depends on the country and the bank that we are dealing with. Hence, it has given a provision for us to change the settings from Hard error to normal warning.

This message controls helps in deciding whether the system messages to be -

1. displayed as a note in the status bar

2. change warnings to error messages

3. switch off warnings and error messages

If u add a new entry -

You can see -

Standard to be 'E' - which means hard error.

So ,our forum friends asked you to change to 'S' meaning it will not prevent you from creating the new check structure, but the system message will be displayed as a note in the status bar.

Hope it clarifies.

Regards,

Sridevi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once again thanks for your co-operation,

As you told i try to change message type, but i couldn't find any details in message control in Area FIBL. it is just blank.

but while i am trying to create a new check lot with 6 digit number i am getting message number "FIBL664". Can you give me any other solution for this.

babu

sridevi_p
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

U are very near to the solution

Click 'New entries'

gvie the message number as 664

Change 'Online' and Batch to be 'S'.

Press 'enter' key & save

Regards,

Sridevi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, my problem was resolved.

thanks for your help

Babu

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too had to increase the number of digits for our checks and had to change this message from an error. My problem is that I am unable to issue checks after doing this.

We currently issue a 5 digit check # for our USD checks and need to start issuing with 6 digits. We are in ECC6.0 EHP4.0. Our CAD checks (tied to the same house bank) already issue based on 6 digits.

Here's what I've done: I created a new check lot with 6 digits and received error message FIBL664 u201Ccheck the format of the check numbersu201D. I was able to change the error to a warning and save the new check lot. Using F110 I created a payment run and am able to generate one check. When I perform another payment run in F110 for more than one check, the open payables are cleared but the cheques do not print. Essentially I can only generate one check from this new lot. I have tested this with the payment method defined and not defined on the check lot. Same results either way.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Joan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hiii..

which transaction you r using for creating check lot number normally system allows upto 13 digits check number.

Regards,

D RANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak

He is asking check lot number not check number digit

check lot number only 4 digits check it out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to change the Check lot digit, then you need to have the access key to change the same.

Use T Code SE11,

Table name -PCEC

Give the access key and change the filed lenth from 4 to 6 for the field STAPL.

Hope it solves

Regards

A.Saravanan.

arupkumar_das
Explorer
0 Kudos

Using Tcode SE11 when I am trying to "Display/Change" it asks for an access key.

Where can I get the access key? I am using SAP demo system IDES.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can configure the same in the below path,

IMG>Cross-Application Components -> Bank Directory -> Change Message Control.

Application Area - FIBL

Msg No. - 664 > Online - S & Batch - S.

Save.

Now you can give the any numbers in the check lots.

Hope it solves your problem

Regards

A.Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you tell me which error u r getting

Thanks & Regards

phaneendra