Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have posted one entry as under

Rent.............dr 2200

Cash............Cr 2200

If I want to reverse the same entry with Rs 2000/- as the amount posted previously is incorrect.

When I am reversing the same entry through FB08 previous effect of the previous entry posted gets nullified. & I have to pass new entry with the new amount.

Instead of reversing this way.........can i deduct Rs 200/- from the previous entry itself without posting new entry again for the reversal?

Please guide me.



Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos


Document header data like amount is not open for change once it is posted. This is a basic control to keep proper track of changes of the data entered which requires a new document for rectification. In this case u can either post a difference document or you can first reverse original documnet and then reenter the new correct document. But you cannot use fb08 for the differential posting as its purpose is to only reverse the document not rectify the document.

Warm Reagards

Former Member
0 Kudos


you can reverse the required amount by reversal, you cannot deduct,i.e., you can reverse the document by giving only 200,


Former Member
0 Kudos

thnks for reply

But I am not able to understand how this can be done using FB08