cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative assets cause full depreciation the first month

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys: please help me understand why the negative assets that I have set up via AS91 are depreciating completely in the first month.

The positive assets are correctly depreciating. I suspect its the depreciation key LINA that i am using that is causing this, but is it an element of the key (example the base method 0011) that may be tr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian

How did you overcome this? - I have exactly the same problem!

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all why do you have negative assets?

Second of all your depreciation key has nothing to do with reversing your depreciation in first month.

1st option, Check your config settings for your depreciation area. You would have configured your Ordinary Depr values to be "allow -ve and zero only". As APC is posted +ve, depreciation is always posted as -ve as per std SAP. Change your Ordinary depr values to "allow all values" so that it can post +ve values on -ve APC.

2nd option, check the "negative values allowed" check box in depreciation area detailed tab in your master record. Once you check the checkbox, depr will not reverse out.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your base methods, which are assigned to your depreciations phases for dep key LINA.

I hope you might have changed the standard key

Check Dep key LIN, below is the standard settings for it.

Phase 1

DepType- N

Phase -1

Base method -0009

Decl.-bal. method-001

Prd cont-003

Multilev.meth-010.

Class-SLM

Multiple shift Increase in depreciation and expir

Scrap value-0

Shutdown-No

Phase 2