cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

negaive payslip and payroll journal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm facing problem with the negative payslip. An employee resigned after the actual payroll run was done. So we need to get back some amount from him for the extra days and some due amounts. So we did the offcycle run for this employee. The offcylce run was correct and the net pay was in negative as expected. But the problem occured when we generated the payroll journal. An additional entry came in the deductions side called "claims from previous month" with a value equal to the outstanding negative amount. So in the payroll journal the amount becomes almost double. I know that, when ever the netpay is negative, for the next month, the payslip and payroll journal will have this amount. But in this case it appeared in the same month and only in payroll journal and not in payslip. is it something to do with offcyce run? Or is it a system limitation.

Please help me ..

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I hope, as of Payroll journal, the negative amount for the employee is second period, since you have run the Offcycle period. So, it will consider Offcycle period as actual period and payroll period for the month as next period for that employee, if am not wrong.

I hope, you will get the actual result for rest of the employees.

Good Luck

Om

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Om,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm gettings results correct for all other staff. Is there any solution for this case? Is it a system limitation that it will not be able to handle the negative pay in offcycle run?

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I hope, this is the limitation for Off Cycle run.

Good Luck

Om

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What country Payroll are you running?

In GB, SAP provide a Schema (GRET) for the situation where an employee has left after the Payroll has been run.

This will produce a Claim - which is correct - because we have overpaid the employee.

I would suspect that the configuration for the Journal is not correct if it is doubling the claim.

Please provide more info if that doesn't helps

Regards

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

This is Singapore payroll. In payroll journal we are using the wage type /561 for showing the net pay in this case. But as I can see in the payroll results once we did the offcycle run, there will be two entries in PC_PAYRESULT for offcycle. both the entries got /561 and the second one got cumumlated of both. But once it comes to payroll journal, it doesnt consider the fact that it is already cumulated, and it sums up both /561 and thus the cumulation is happening twice.

If you are aware of any other alternative, pls let me know

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It does seem strange that the /561 is being cumulated twice - are you sure the config for this is OK?

Is there a Singapore equivalent to GRET?

(I avoid off-cycle payrolls - is there someone out there that has more experience of off-cycle payrolls?).

Unfortunatley I can't help any further - sorry.

Regards

Rob

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any updates?