cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to reverse a Depreciaton posted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have postd depreciaton for an asset for last month. Now the requirement is to reverse the depreciaton.

How can we do that and what are the steps. Can anybody suggest on this to proceed. Also do we need to reverse the documents posted for pca and controlling.

Earliest reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & regards,

R.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guru

If there is any issue on the depriciation run , like the depriciation method , Dep key , change the same & Repeatrun the depriciation for the month . There is no issue , the adjustment entry will be passed into FI . In case of any issue on Dep posting pls let me know .The same has been tested by me atleast 20 time s in my company

Regards

Saroj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi RJ,

If u want to reverse the posted depreciation for all asssets in the company code, that can be done in OAG1, but it not suggestable cause it will reverese the deprecitions for all assets but the document will not be reversed. but i dont know how to reverese the depreciation for the individual asset, if any body knows just let us know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't think there is any need to reverse depreciation. If there is incorrect depreciation posted, just change the depreciation key and do a reposting of the recently closed period. the system will post depreciation as per the new depreciation key rules. Remember ro run depreciation recalculation.

In any case there is a wonderful article on this same site for [reversing|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/10088] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; depreciation. It is quite educative. Dont try to implement it without understanding the implication.

Regards

Virendra Malik

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not possible to reverse a Depreciation run.

When you have made a change it is possible to run the depreciation run as a repeat run, in that cases the differences will be posted between the old and new situation for that month

paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am afraid whether you can reverse a depreciation run !!!!!!!!!!

Rajib