cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to Migrate Asset Transactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can any one suggest me what to do for below Senario.

I need to Migrate the Asset Transactions for 10 years ( Not only Asset master) Along with Asset master even Asset Transaction also.

Can any one tell me what is the procedure i need to follow while migrating Asset Transaction. Regarding Asset master i dont have any issues.

Please help me in explaining the procudure to migrate Asset Transaction and also the Challanges can come across while migratiion Asset Transaction.

Awaiting for your precious reply.

Regards,

Hemanth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hemanth.

I think what you want is not possible to take over the transactions from 10 years ago.

You have then to start with asset accounting 10 years ago, then you have to do all the transactions and hope that then the amount exact the same as 10 years old system!

I think you can try it when you have the time and budget for it, but I'm thinking that you then found out over some months that this is a mission impossible and that you then take over the actual situation.

You need then all master data from your old system G/L accounts/ cost centers / profit centers / vendors, customers, ...

An other problem is when you do this you make a copy from your old system in SAP and this can block to use the new possibilities from SAP

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can set the transfer date to the earlies period you want to take your history and then, while perofrming legacy transfer (AS91 or via LSMW) put the data in transactional tables and not in cumulative values.

Regards,

Eli