cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to combine items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I got a request from my customer. Currently they have over 4000 items in the system. This gives them a hard time to create a big order.

So they want to combine the items. Say if they have rose u2013 Calgary, rose u2013 Huston, rose u2013 Texas, etc, now they want to see Rose only.

Should we suggest them to do out transactions by using the old items then when the inventory is zero out, inactive the items. All in transactions, create new items and use the new items. Then the following question will be, they donu2019t want to see the inactive items in the list of items when they choose items in the marketing document. How we can do this? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Yuka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Once the transaction is done with the item,its difficult to remove it but as per your suggestion, you just make the item as "Inactive" by selecting the "Inactive" option button and update it.so that it will never display in the item list of marketing documents.

with Regards,

Kambadasan.v

Edited by: kambadasan on Mar 3, 2011 7:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks kambadasan. I put yesterday's date for valid until. The item is still there. I cannot see inactive option from my screen. Can you let me know where?

Regards,

Yuka

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You are using SAP b1 2007 or 8.8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kambadasan, they are using SAP 2007.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuka......

If you are asking something like what Kambadasan suggests you then it is possible. What you have to do is to give just Inactive period from and to which can also be possible by DTW in once shot if you have no. of items more to do this.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuka.......

Active Inactive option is there in Item Master Data very first tab at bottom of the screen. Infact it is there in 2007B also.

One new facility sap has introduced is Advance whree you can define Active and Incative item period in advance.....

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. We are on SAP2007A US localization. I just see a Valid from to. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Yuka,

you are not able to see the 'Inactive" button in the item master data still

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuka.........

In standard if you try to do infact nobody can do this. Because its nota standard functionality.

It will be shown into the list even though it is inactive. But it can be achived through SDK......

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks RAHUL. I know we cannot do this in SAP. But just want to see if there is any alternative way. E.g create a new item group then display items by group. But this will still cause some issue. Then will have to go group first and it will take a while to display items since they have a big big list.

Regards,

Yuka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuka.......

The program is like that when you press Tab then it comes pop up with the list of no. of items. Infact I was also failed to implement this in my project too because the thing is not possible is not possible in standard.....

You have to do it by SDK but it may lead to big one as item selection is in almost every form........

Regards,

Rahul