cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need info about the copy express ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ... I am using the one database name:sap_one  in it all my udt, udf, udo are there i am practiceing all my functions in it....

and  i was created a new database this is the new database created by using the site user........ all ready created ...... name is :sample

i want to copy all by functinality from "sap_one" to "sample"

Iam trying to copy data from one to two by using the copy express it is asking

""you must back up your target database before performing the copy express"

how can i avoid this message if i press the ok it is not allowing to the next step..

how to take the back up by using the sql ...if i take the back up through the sql how can i copy express identify the database has all ready back up...

how can i perform the copy express..............

Here are the images.........

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member541807
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Mr. Seenu,

unless you really know what you are doing, actually you can make the copy process even without a database backup.

but take note: You must do it first in your test environment!

just uncheck the checkbox "Force Backup" so that Copy express will not force you to take a backup.

regards,
Fidel

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no automatic backup from copy express. So, you can backup the db from the sql server management studio.

You can also use sap business one service manager (or server tools) --> SBO backup.

After you have finished the db backup, the copy express can be continued. During the backup do not close the copy express.

Rgds,

JimM

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you click on the Options button (shown in your 2nd screen shot), you can deselect the option that says Force Backup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot bypass this step. Live with it. If you are uncertain, you can manually back it up by using the sql server management studio first, then do the 2nd backup.

Thanks, Gordon