Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help for HW to run sap B!

waleed459
Explorer
0 Kudos

Have a nice day

Kindly please , inform me the hardware configuration to run SAP B1 on premise , we are a small company ( count of user’s work on application

maximum 15 pc ) , we already contracted with partner www.beon-it.com . we will buy 2 server ( 1st for hana database & 2nd for application ) , so

Could you please advise , the below configuration is suitable for Hana database server ? and what recommended server for SAP B1 application ?

PN

Description

Qty

P24842-B21

HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Intel Xeon-S 4214R 12-Core (2.40GHz 16.5MB) 32GB (1 x 32GB) PC4-2933Y RDIMM 8 x Hot Plug 2.5in Small Form Factor Smart Carrier Smart Array P408i-a SR NC No Optical 800W 3yr Next Business Day Warranty

Additional memory
P00924-B21

HPE 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y-R Smart Kit

P18432-B21

HPE 480GB SATA MU SFF SC MV SSD

865414-B21

HPE 800W FS Plat Ht Plg L

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Alterman
Participant

In theory you can do it, but not really. The lowest Hana hardware spec on any Hana DB server is 64Gb but besides DB you'll need RAM for the app server/OS/add-on parts.

From your post it looks like there is 64Gb of RAM. That's low, really low. I can install an app server and a Hana database with that little RAM; I'd have to make some disk into virtual memory and may still struggle to get past SAP installers.
After the installation however, the hard part comes with configuring the database and the app server to run in such tight RAM space. This is a very advanced configuration, only for experts. And there would still be questions on whether SAP will support such a setup. It's much easier and cheaper to get more memory. I'm typing this on a laptop with 32Gb of RAM, your server is 64Gb.... RAM is cheap; spend a couple thousand to way more than double the RAM.

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It sounds to me like this Beon-It has grossly oversold to you. I doubt that you really need HANA. I would recommend that you start off with the normal MS SQL version, and try that out first for a few years. It will require only a single server, and with 64GB of RAM, it will appear just as fast to you as HANA.

If after that you feel that it is not enough, you can reasonably easily upgrade to a HANA system.

Regards,

Johan