cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NB Purchase Order instead of STO

Former Member
0 Kudos

We'd like to use a NB purchase order with vendor in order move finished goods from one plant in a company code to another plant under a different company, we need to use the NB PO with a vendor to record the dollars and charge. The only item I'm stuck on is auto assigning a specific plant and storage location to the material on the PO that carries over to the NLCC delivery, so far the storage location is plant when I create the NLCC delivery. Can somebody clue me in on where to maintain the vendor/plant/storage location data, when I use vendor 300XXX I want it to fill from a particular plant and storage location.

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basic settings for STO process:

1.Maintain the shipping data for plants

>Materials Management - Purchasing - Purchase Order - Set Up Stock Transport Order - Define Shipping Data for Plants

>Here you maintain the customer number of the receiving plant (XD01). This customer number is used in SD shipping processing to identify the GR (ship-to party) if provision has been made in Customizing for a stock transfer to be carried out with an SD delivery.

>Assign Sales Area to the plant.

2.Specify whether an SD delivery is to be created in the case of a PO

>Materials Management - Purchasing - Purchase Order - Set Up Stock Transport Order - Assign Delivery Type and Checking Rule

3.Assign Doc type to supp. and recv. plants

>Materials Management - Purchasing - Purchase Order - Set Up Stock Transport Order - Assign Document Type, One-Step Procedure, Underdelivery Tolerance

Reward if helpful..

Regards,

Srib

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didnt understand the question completely - but are you saying where to maintain the Vendor/Plant/Sloc/Material info.

Please see if Info-record will solve the problem.

Let me know if you need any more details

thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you assign a vendor to a plant from within vendor maintenance MK02 and XK02.

In the purchasing org data view select from menu Extras > Add purchasing data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see how that assigned my PO to the plant which get's me 1/2 way there however is there a way to associate the corresponding NLCC to a specific storage location within the plant I assign in XK02?

adwait_bachuwar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i guess that you can assign the storage location in the NB PO only. another way is that when you receive the material you can get this at the receiving point which will be shown in the NLCC assignment.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IMG > MM > purchasing > purchase order > Stock Transfer Using a Stock Transport Order > Set Up Stock Transfer Between Storage Locations > Assign Delivery Type and Checking Rule According to Storage Location

you have to > Activate Stock Transfer Between Storage Locations in the same path