cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nakisa SP errors "Search does not work" & "Invalid or Exceeded the Allowed Size"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We implemented Nakisa SP 3.0 SP3, but two weeks ago we have problems with the application in production:

1. The search stopped working, the search returns a message “null” and indicates there are 25 elements but does not display any and the screen is disable.
  2. Then one week ago, we can not see the chart in My OrgUnit displays a message "Can not find a root" and send a error "Unable to performe a request action. The retrieved data was either invalid or exceeded the allowed size".

The only thing that we made was some changes in the crossdomain.xml file, because we have an issue with photos in OC, so with these changes fixed the issue in OC, I don´t know if this change affected.

We don´t have an idea what can be?, would you know what can I review?.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check your backend user still has an organization assignment and has responsible orgunits assigned to your position (in tcede HRTMC_PPOM)? Also check that the TREX server used by SAP is functioning properly in tcodes TREXADMIN and ESH_COCKPIT.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Review the user in ECC has Area of Responsability assigned, also review the TREX on those transacctions and the conectors have status Active.

We don´t know what else to review.

Regards.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What errors do you get in the logs for each issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luke,

Sorry for the delay, the error in LOG is the following and the screen of SP continuos with the same error message

1. 1049. 03 Dec 2012 18:11:08 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger - com.nakisa.framework.utility.xml.ImmutableXmlHandler.selectSingleNode(String) : XPath='//Child/..' - java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method org.w3c.dom.Node.getNodeType() of an object loaded from local variable 'namespaceNode'
  2. 1050. 03 Dec 2012 18:11:08 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger - com.nakisa.integration.sap.BuildingBlocks : No se puede realizar la acción solicitada. Los datos recuperados no eran válidos o superaban el tamaño máximo permitido.

Warm regards.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have the ABAP Add-on and the Nakisa Transport Package in SAP? The errors indicate a problem with receiving the structure from SAP.

I recommend that you put a breakpoint in function module HRMSS_GET_ORGSTRUCTURE_AS_XML and debug it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luke,

Reviewed the Add-on (703) is installed in SAP productive, also we reviewed the module function HRMSS_GET_ORGSTRUCTURE_AS_XML and is working fine.

Do you have an idea what else can review? or, why this is happend?

Attached a screen of function testing.

Thanks.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check that the Nakisa Transport Package is also in the system (in addition to the ABAP Add-on)? You can check by going to transaction OOAW and checking for evaluation path ZNAORGUP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Review evaluation paths in ECC (OOAW) exist all them according Transport Package guide, also confirmed with BASIS team about installation of Transport Package and Add-on and are installed in ECC.

I don´t know if it is necesary to re-deploy the Service Pack 3.0 of Nakisa.

Regards.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if the problem is with SuccessionPlanning because the errors in the red bar come directly from SAP and not from the application. I can only assume there's a problem with the data - maybe with the SAP JCo.

You could try re-deploying the application - if that doesn't work then the problem is definitely not related to SuccessionPlanning.